Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ok! need some quick advise on stop overs, Thai L or Bali ?

Ok! need some quick advise on stop overs, Thai L or Bali ?

Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:47 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Ok! need some quick advise on stop overs, Thai L or Bali ?

Hi

We need to book our flights tonight and have at the eleventh hour decided that we would like to do a stop over.

Preferably we would like to fly with Singapore Airlines as we've flew with them before and found them to be really good, also there a very cheap.

I would love to go to Thailand, so is this possible are there connecting flights from Singapore and how long are they? What are the companies?

What Thai resorts / hotels would you recommend for a family, 2 adults 14 yr old and 6 yr old.

OR

Do we go in the other direction and go to Bali, really don't know anything much when going in this direction.

Please help with info as my head is stating to spin, so many list etc and To Do's, leaving on around 9th August form Heathrow.

Thank you, desperate, dizzy woman
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ok! need some quick advise on stop overs, Thai L or Bali ?

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi

We need to book our flights tonight and have at the eleventh hour decided that we would like to do a stop over.

Preferably we would like to fly with Singapore Airlines as we've flew with them before and found them to be really good, also there a very cheap.

I would love to go to Thailand, so is this possible are there connecting flights from Singapore and how long are they? What are the companies?

What Thai resorts / hotels would you recommend for a family, 2 adults 14 yr old and 6 yr old.

OR

Do we go in the other direction and go to Bali, really don't know anything much when going in this direction.

Please help with info as my head is stating to spin, so many list etc and To Do's, leaving on around 9th August form Heathrow.

You don't have to go the other direction to get to Bali (Singapore must go there, BA and Qantas do).
At that time of the year Thailand will be super hot and wet as its right in the middle of the monsoon.
Bali will be perfect in terms of weather - sunny, hot and dry.
Bali is gorgeous although Kuta (the main tourist town) is not!!! There are big resort style hotels on the Bukit peninsular at Nusa Dua.
There are nice spots on the east coast such as Sanur.
The inland is mountainous and very beautiful with some stunning temples.
The north has volcanic black sand beaches.
Bali doesn't have the food of Thailand though!!!
There are plenty of resort hotels in Thailand if you choose there but I've always travelled independantly so can't advise on them, sorry! What I can say is that it really will be influenced by your budget as Thailand is very much a modern country with western prices for top end hotels but there are serious deals to be had at that time of year at any hotel!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:50 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OR

What about flying thai airways instead of Singapore, might cost more, but they probably fly via Thailand, which might be cheaper in the long run.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Singapore fly to both Thailand and Bali but both require a change of plane in Singapore.
Personally, for thailand I would go with Thai as they would be able to fly direct to BKK and then direct to Oz and for Bali I'd go with BA/Qantas for the same reason.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:57 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'd fly Qantas to Bangkok. Thai are not as good as they make out. IMHO. What do you want to see and do in Thailand? How long are you there for? Avoid Samui!!!!!!It's shit in my opinion. Depends what you want. More info please!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OR

Hi,
we stopped at bali as part of a cruise , which eventually, toured the east coast of aus. I must admit i had BIG expectations of Bali We had a pit stop tour (ubud monkey forest, Sanur beach) which was nice but, i wouldn't go back.
We saw a lot of poverty, people begging (even kids with physical impairments and SENs) .We haven't been to thailand but we have heard good things and there is so much more there. i would say thailand
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

by the way, a stop over in singapore is well worth it. Have a meal at the satay clubbeautiful food and such a cultural experience and a late night walk. Beautiful City
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
by the way, a stop over in singapore is well worth it. Have a meal at the satay clubbeautiful food and such a cultural experience and a late night walk. Beautiful City
I agree, a singpore stopover is very worth while.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:05 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I agree, a singpore stopover is very worth while.
If its just a night or 2 then Singapore is the go. Bangkok is a great city. But you need to know where to go.