Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oh no, not another TRA,,,ATRC

oh no, not another TRA,,,ATRC

Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

fastrhino will become famous soon enough
Unhappy oh no, not another TRA,,,ATRC

I have been told to get an Australian Trade Recognition Certificate on arrival in Australia, as some employers will not recogonise UK qualifications.

I have just recieved the information pack from The TRA in Melbourne and reading the form and the form information sheets, it is exectly the same as applying for the TRA all over again.

I have to send certified copies of my certifcates and references along with a job statement and all the other supporting documents.

And even though I have successfully passed the TRA it is not mearly a formality to get your trade recognised once in OZ.

more red tape,,,,anyone else have to jump through this hoop to get a job.

my trade according to my TRA papers is Boilermaker, but i class myself as a fabricator/welder

mick
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:08 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oh no, not another TRA,,,ATRC

Originally Posted by fastrhino
I have been told to get an Australian Trade Recognition Certificate on arrival in Australia...
I think this is a familiar story... It would seem that proving what you do to get your visa does not necessarily mean you are free to work in that trade when you get here... There's been a few threads about people going to TAFE to get their Oz qualifications, etc...

I'm sure someone that's been through it will be along soon...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told to get an Australian Trade Recognition Certificate on arrival in Australia, as some employers will not recogonise UK qualifications.

I have just recieved the information pack from The TRA in Melbourne and reading the form and the form information sheets, it is exectly the same as applying for the TRA all over again.

I have to send certified copies of my certifcates and references along with a job statement and all the other supporting documents.

And even though I have successfully passed the TRA it is not mearly a formality to get your trade recognised once in OZ.

my trade according to my TRA papers is Boilermaker, but i class myself as a fabricator/welder

mick

If you can apply from the uk, do you have an address or email so that I can sort it while it's still pretty fresh in my mind and before I forget where iv'e put all the paperwork. I thought you had to be in Oz?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
If you can apply from the uk, do you have an address or email so that I can sort it while it's still pretty fresh in my mind and before I forget where iv'e put all the paperwork. I thought you had to be in Oz?
you have to apply when you arrive, they will send you the application pack but you can only send once your visa as been validated and you are resident.

I am going to prepare mine for sending. will pop it in the post when i arrive,,,is there a post box outside the airport?

mick

ps have you been following the world pie eating contest in wigan?

Last edited by fastrhino; Dec 20th 2006 at 6:44 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

you have to apply when you arrive, they will send you the application pack but you can only send once your visa as been validated and you are resident.

I am going to prepare mine for sending. will pop it in the post when i arrive,,,is there a post box outside the airport?

mick

ps have you been following the world pie eating contest in wigan?

Thats what we were gonna do, hoping they have a post box inside the airport

why would they hold a pie eating contest in Wigan
Lol
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:42 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Just going thru the same application for the certificate as i need one to apply for a BSA licence for my business here on the Gold Coast.....more red tape but cant see it being a problem getting thru the TRA again

mick
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of tradesmen in the same position as you. You only need to read this part of the forum to know that: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

It isn't as bad as it sounds for most, just make sure you know everything you need to do BEFORE you get here and keep focused on it when you arrive.

Read this link to get an idea of what you need for the state you are going to.

All the best
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Mick

It's all a load of bollocks. I've been here 3 years and have only been asked to show my TRA papers about 3 times (the one you've used to emmigrate).

They are that desperate for boilermakers you will have no problems.

Keel
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 6:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

mick
you can apply from the uk mate
read the info here

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

and email them with your uk address asking for an application form
and its free as you have applied and been issued with a tra cert

regards steve

ps you will need an aussie address for the artc cert to be issuded to as they WONT post it overseas

we used the hotel that we were going to stay in on arrival and they forwarded it on to us before we arrived
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
you can apply from the uk mate
read the info here

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

and email them with your uk address asking for an application form
and its free as you have applied and been issued with a tra cert

regards steve

ps you will need an aussie address for the artc cert to be issuded to as they WONT post it overseas

we used the hotel that we were going to stay in on arrival and they forwarded it on to us before we arrived

got the application pack, so i can just send it off from here in the uk with my Australian address and it will be processed straight away.

did you just provide all the same documents as you did for the TRA?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 6:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

got the application pack, so i can just send it off from here in the uk with my Australian address and it will be processed straight away.

did you just provide all the same documents as you did for the TRA?

exactly the same mate
( the application forms the same as the tra one all be it with a different header )

so as long as you can reproduce your tra application there should be no way ( in theory anyway ) that you can fail at the artc application
( untill recentley you didnt have to resubmitt all the info they use to use your original tra application details and a one page form this changed in or about july 06 but as i said its just a copy of the tra one so dont stress )

best regards and best wishes for the coming festivities

steve

ps if you need any help just ask