Oh no!!!

Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:15 am
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future
Unhappy Oh no!!!

[B]Can anyone tell me if you can take expired passports to a medical? My 2 step-daughters passports expired this month and we have our medicals on March 22nd - we daren't risk renewing them because they won't be back in time for medicals. I know we should have had them done earlier, what with everything else you need to do it slipped our mind!!! Do you think if we explain the situation they'll understand?
Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh no!!!

Shite and double shite.
Too much to remember sometimes eh ?

Think you better phone the Dr and hope he is human.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:28 am
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Bix]Shite and double shite.
Too much to remember sometimes eh ?

Yeh, have thought of that - but can't ring till Monday now - oh fingers crossed he's understandable!!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Expect the worse Dove then hopefully you will be surprised.

I got me doubts though. The world is hyper sensitive on identity stuff and the immigration thing is no exception.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:58 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Not much you can do about that now but ...

If the Dr wont accept them just get him to hold the medical forms back until you can show him the renewed passports - they should be happy to do this - they are all extremely helpful.

kids passports dont need revalidated photos if you can see its the same child - ie they are recognisable. And they turn them around pretty quick I think ours took a week at most.

I cant imagine they use the passports for anything other than photo-id. All the real checking is done by dimia - the passport check is to make sure that its really you Joe Bloggs having the medical for Joe Bloggs who wants the visa.

If he does use the existing passport numbers as evidence and the numbers go in the forms you just submit a change of details to DIMIA which is a downloadable form and put he new passport numbers in that and send it to your CO.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:00 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Send off for a new passport now, we sent off for husbands in Feb and it was back within the week - standard service as well, not fast track!!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

WEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Dove Family
[B]Can anyone tell me if you can take expired passports to a medical? My 2 step-daughters passports expired this month and we have our medicals on March 22nd - we daren't risk renewing them because they won't be back in time for medicals. I know we should have had them done earlier, what with everything else you need to do it slipped our mind!!! Do you think if we explain the situation they'll understand?

Hello Dove Family.

When we had the med requests from DIMIA it was pointed out that my sons passport had expired and the rest of the family's passports had less than 12 months before they expired, my daughters were also on my passport. Our agent 'strongly recommended' that we renewed the passports prior to having the medicals. That said, I can't find anything that says that the passport must be valid and must be the same as the one which will carry the visa when issued.

When we renewed our passports the turnaround time was really quick, a couple of weeks I think but understand that this may not be quick enough for you.

Hope things work out for you, good luck, Peter

Good Luck, Peter
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WEBBS
Hello Dove Family.

When we had the med requests from DIMIA it was pointed out that my sons passport had expired and the rest of the family's passports had less than 12 months before they expired, my daughters were also on my passport. Our agent 'strongly recommended' that we renewed the passports prior to having the medicals. That said, I can't find anything that says that the passport must be valid and must be the same as the one which will carry the visa when issued.

When we renewed our passports the turnaround time was really quick, a couple of weeks I think but understand that this may not be quick enough for you.

Hope things work out for you, good luck, Peter

Good Luck, Peter
For the purposes of the medicals, passports are used as a means of identification although Form 26 does quite clearly state "Valid Passport" seen.
My advice would be to contact the passport agency and discuss their priority processing arrangments. This might mean you taking a trip to London but it is possible particulalry for a renewal. See http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/_3_urgent/3_4days.asp You should be able to easily fit this into your timescales.

Other than that, phone your panel Doctor, explain the situation and sound him out.

Best of luck ..................mellow out it can be done.

Rob
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

When we renewed my son's passport last month, we sent it off on the Monday and had it back on the Friday.....
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
We just renewed our daughters passport yesterday at Durham Passport Office, which took them 4hrs but you can go and come back after 4hrs you dont need to wait there and it cost £71 but was worth it to get it back the same day. You need to make an appointment for this quick option, I rang them on Thursday and got one for the next day. Might be worth you ringing your office near to you and finding out.

Lisa

Last edited by Born2tri; Mar 12th 2005 at 12:51 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:56 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Phone up the Peterborough office which should be your nearest office and ask them about a 7-day guaranteed passport which costs but is guaranteed. I think they even do 3 day passports for emergencies, but not sure. You'll need to arrange an interview and have to have all your paperwork done for it, but that is just a trip to the post office. If Peterborough can't help, then try Liverpool as they are pretty helpful there

Otherwise, delay your meds for a week while the passport comes through....good luck

Carl
Old Mar 12th 2005, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

Last time we renewed our passports, we paid for the Post Office to check our documentation. This then meant that the passport office didn't spend time checking our forms, but issued the passports very quickly.

Hope it all works out.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 6:07 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry, I sent my renewal in on a Monday and had it back the same week. Just get the forms in ASAP.