Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh my god! First one seen in over 18mths!

Oh my god! First one seen in over 18mths!

Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:56 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh my god! First one seen in over 18mths!

I got bitten by a huntsman a couple of months ago - it hurt quite a lot but luckily there was no reaction.

Here is the ba**ard. I killed it instinctively as it sunk its mandibles into my arm!!!!

The scale on the ruler is inches by the way - we get them much bigger but I just photographed this one as I was upset with it at the time.

I alos killed a brown snake a couple of weeks ago. We have an 18 acre property in the hills but a brown snake outside the laundry door is too close to my bedroom I'm afraid.
Attached Thumbnails Oh my god! First one seen in over 18mths!-spider.jpg  
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:02 pm
Go Power!!!!!

Multicoloured Crocodile is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rab
I got bitten by a huntsman a couple of months ago - it hurt quite a lot but luckily there was no reaction.

Here is the ba**ard. I killed it instinctively as it sunk its mandibles into my arm!!!!

The scale on the ruler is inches by the way - we get them much bigger but I just photographed this one as I was upset with it at the time.

I alos killed a brown snake a couple of weeks ago. We have an 18 acre property in the hills but a brown snake outside the laundry door is too close to my bedroom I'm afraid.
Sounds like a great place(apart from the brown snake).
Where abouts in the hills are you? We're stuck in sleepy suburbia and looking to move.
Cheers
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Well, that's it. Just starting out on getting our visas and I think I've just changed my mind :scared:

Mojo
Don't worry Mojo.
We all started that way but education is a fine thing.
Understanding what lies ahead is all part of it.
Good luck with the visa process.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Hi all
Nobody dislikes spiders any more than I do :scared: but I can see the sense of sparing those that do no harm and may help rid us of other pests.
Have a look here:
http://www.spidercatcher.com.au/

First thing I will get whenI arrive in Perth.

and for those who need one in the UK:
http://www.spidercatcher.net/product.html

At least with these gadgets you can pick up your spider and place it outside or where-ever you choose and all at arm's length
Probably not a good idea to belt them with a flip-flop, they make a sizeable mess

Peter
Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:26 am
Badge

whilst the body doesn't seem as big as it should be, in proportion to the rest, have to say, the leg span is the largest I have ever seen...

BM