Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh Bugger just sold the house now what

Oh Bugger just sold the house now what

Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:11 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Oh Bugger just sold the house now what

Had an offer on the house, lower than we wanted, but the only offer for ages, decided to lower the price 4 weeks ago & dropped another 7K off that to seal the deal. Feel miffed but positive as we can now be on our way in January as opposed to March or whenever. Work is becomming increasingly difficult & I believe the company has a few problems anyway, so if got laid off the start to eat into what we have left. As Branson once said never to early to take a profit.
Wifey is in tears already 1 hr later, still at least she can get a tan in the new year.
Me I feel 1/2 elated & 1/2 full of trepidation, but theres nowt like a fresh start in the new year to set you off on a possie
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I'm sure by the time you've moved and settled the £7k will be swallowed up and unnoticed in your new life and home. If the Aussie market climbs a bit more than the UK one for a bit longer you may even come out on top.

Doesn't it feel great to be free for once?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done David,
now the ride really begins !
Attached Images  
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:29 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by CHnJ
I'm sure by the time you've moved and settled the £7k will be swallowed up and unnoticed in your new life and home. If the Aussie market climbs a bit more than the UK one for a bit longer you may even come out on top.

Doesn't it feel great to be free for once?
Still got the wife tho CHnJ Starting to seem real even more so than the visa arriving.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oh Bugger just sold the house now what

Originally posted by DavidT
Had an offer on the house, lower than we wanted, but the only offer for ages, decided to lower the price 4 weeks ago & dropped another 7K off that to seal the deal. Feel miffed but positive as we can now be on our way in January as opposed to March or whenever. Work is becomming increasingly difficult & I believe the company has a few problems anyway, so if got laid off the start to eat into what we have left. As Branson once said never to early to take a profit.
Wifey is in tears already 1 hr later, still at least she can get a tan in the new year.
Me I feel 1/2 elated & 1/2 full of trepidation, but theres nowt like a fresh start in the new year to set you off on a possie

Congrats. The initial pleasure when we sold ours faded with the worry of exchanging. We're pushing ours for this to happen on the 19th - but solicitors don't always work at the same pace. Hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly for you. January - what a fab month to leave dreary, wet and cold GB.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Enzo&Chloe is an unknown quantity at this point

Sold to exchanging is a nightmare

Luckily , I've, just 10mins ago exchanged on my house.....Hurrrruuhhhhhh
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Enzo&Chloe
Sold to exchanging is a nightmare

Luckily , I've, just 10mins ago exchanged on my house.....Hurrrruuhhhhhh

Well done!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Exchanging is like a Ballon full of fresh air.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Congraulations on selling the house DavidT
try and enjoy what time you have left before you leave blighty
best of luck
rach & family
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:34 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Congraulations on selling the house DavidT
try and enjoy what time you have left before you leave blighty
best of luck
rach & family
Thanks all, off to phone the removal guys, any recommendations, done the searches got 4 comming round over the next 10 days.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Enzo&Chloe is an unknown quantity at this point

David

I used PSS, and would recomend them. (However they haven't got me over there yet , which is the "proof of the pudding")

I don't mean to be a "wet blanket" however planning to go in Jan seems a tad optimitic. it's only about 6 working weeks till the end of Jan, and it's taken me 8 weeks to get to exchanging contracts.

Enzo
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:46 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

Originally posted by Enzo&Chloe
David

I used PSS, and would recomend them. (However they haven't got me over there yet , which is the "proof of the pudding")

I don't mean to be a "wet blanket" however planning to go in Jan seems a tad optimitic. it's only about 6 working weeks till the end of Jan, and it's taken me 8 weeks to get to exchanging contracts.

Enzo
Course I'm optimistic, I'm gonna be an Aussie, no it's the buyers pushing not me, so here's hoping but I know what you mean
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:11 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Course I'm optimistic, I'm gonna be an Aussie, no it's the buyers pushing not me, so here's hoping but I know what you mean
Hi David,

It took me 5 weeks from offer to completion so go for it!

Good luck,

Jane
Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

We still live in hope then. We have had our house up for sale 8 weeks now and nobody has been near. it's a lovely house too.

Annoyed with time wasters

We have had one no show for the house V.annoying
One for my husbands car never rung back
One tonight for our roof box 7pm still waiting!!!!!!!

Why do these people do this as if I haven't got enough to worry about

Anyway, now I have had a tant CONGRATULATIONS you'll soon be sunning yourselves.

Stef X