Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers arrive tomorrow!!

Packers arrive tomorrow!!

Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Packers arrive tomorrow!!

Well the day has finally arrived, we got our visas 7 months ago and thought about applying nearly 2 YEARS ago! We will at last soon be leaving.

PSS arrive 8am tomorrow 2-3 men are due and hopefully it will all be over with on Thursday. This is the worst bit for me, sorting out 4 1/2 years of junk that 5 people accumulate has been challenging. The house completes on Friday and we fly out 3 weeks later. I also finish my job on Friday which is going to be upsetting, saying goodbye to friends will be hard.

I can honestly say I have never been so stressed in my life - even getting married and giving birth were less stressful than this!! Hopefully I can enjoy our last 3 weeks here once all the packing has been done.

The weird thing is our container is due to arrive 3 days before us! ( We are spending 2 weeks in the US before Oz).

Thanks for listening guys this site has been a real stress -buster for me!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:48 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tinaj,
I'm dreading the packers more than anything.
Wish you the best of luck, I hope you get chance to let us know how you get on once you get there.
Enjoy your time off before you go,

Michaela
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hello chuck,

At last wow time has flown. It will much more relaxing once they have been and gone.

Make sure you get the bbq ready for us when we arrive, I have your email anyway x

Good luck tomorrow x
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hi Carrianne have sent a pm. xx

Thanks Mr Mercer, I will feel much better once they have been and gone. I will let you all know how I rate PSS!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Packers arrive tomorrow!!

Originally posted by tinaj
Well the day has finally arrived, we got our visas 7 months ago and thought about applying nearly 2 YEARS ago! We will at last soon be leaving.

PSS arrive 8am tomorrow 2-3 men are due and hopefully it will all be over with on Thursday. This is the worst bit for me, sorting out 4 1/2 years of junk that 5 people accumulate has been challenging. The house completes on Friday and we fly out 3 weeks later. I also finish my job on Friday which is going to be upsetting, saying goodbye to friends will be hard.

I can honestly say I have never been so stressed in my life - even getting married and giving birth were less stressful than this!! Hopefully I can enjoy our last 3 weeks here once all the packing has been done.

The weird thing is our container is due to arrive 3 days before us! ( We are spending 2 weeks in the US before Oz).

Hiya Tina
I bet you cant believe it after all this time! We are like you - we thought about applying a couple fo years before we started the application.

Hope to see you in the Sunshine Coast sometime in Jan.

Debs
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:53 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Tina,

Best wishes for the packing and the big move. You really could not have picked a more stressful time you year to have the packers in.

Hope you all have a relaxing break in Florida on the way to Oz.

And of course have a Happy Christmas.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope everything goes well with the packing.

Hope all goes ok with your last day of work, make sure you have plenty tissues.

footie chick
Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:22 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Get an oil burner and some lavender oil and have it burning constantly - it is what I do in times of great stress and it does help - honest!

Best of luck to you and keep us informed about your adventures.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:25 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Hi Tina,
I found it very 'cleansing' getting rid of a lot of the accumulated junk. Having packers come forces you to have a damn good sort out, and makes you realise just how much stuff you have!!

All the best with your move Tina
Keep in touch

Cherry
Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Tina,
Wishing you loads of luck - hope it goes well with the removal people.
:scared:

Leaving work is tough, I won't pretend otherwise, but get all their email addresses, and remember to think of it as "Till we meet again". At least you are unlikely to have your last day gatecrashed by someone from Expats, just when you think you can let your hair down without anyone telling tales....

Hang in there mate, you're really on the way now and you'll be here before you know it. Got my last UK film developed this week - it has a photo from the Brighton meet of you, "Kevin the teenager" and your "little princess" - see how far we've come since then.......the next photos will be in a warmer place than Withdean Stadium!

See you soon, lots of love and luck to you all,
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good luck with the move Tina - hope its not toooooo stressful
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by tinaj

Hi Tinaj
best of luck to you and yours, hope that all your dreams come true on the other side, see you over there!
hugs
rach & family
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina,
Know what you mean about the sorting out of stuff. We started to get ruthless in about May just after we decided to make the move and apply for visas. We've still got junk kicking around though. We've got the shippers coming the 5th & 6th of Jan, complete on the 6th, go to the in laws that night, the hotel on the 7th and finally fly out on the 8th. It can't come quick enough now, we are all more than ready.

Good luck.

Claire
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:37 pm
WBB

good luck tina, you crack the whip with those packers.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your packing and the rest of your big adventure!

Have a lovely christmas and keep us posted!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.