Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh blimey/crikey/heck!!!!

Oh blimey/crikey/heck!!!!

Old Oct 13th 2003, 10:45 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Good question, specially as he seems to be under the impression that I have been sat in a chair all day, giving instructions, while the stuff has jumped into the boxes on its own! Be good for a tease wouldn't it!
Is there anything of his that he is very fond of that you can threaten to have packed badly.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh what a cruel idea.... good one though! I could drop a few hints about some stuff he left here for me to take over. I could wind him up good and proper.
Sue - I know what you mean about those fairies round the house, its like the sock fairy who pairs up all the odd socks isn't it. Funny how those things just happen but the blokes never know how!
Have to get my own back somehow- he keeps sending me texts saying he's bored and can I get a move on and get out there! If he does it again I'll suggest if hes that bored we can change places!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:08 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Pollyanna,

I just had to say how amazing it is to feel so involved with your great adventure (and everyone else's too - it's just made it all seem so real to me to read through your posts today!) and to say thanks for sharing everything with us.

Sorry, I know this is pretty soppy; but when you have a while to wait as I do (off to Adelaide in August next year, hopefully) the excitement is a much-needed shot in the arm.

I haven't been posting here long but have got a lot out of everyone's contributions - please, all of you who are leaving soon, keep the postings going when you arrive on the "other side"!

Thanks and good luck,

Elaine
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks, this is the morning that the lifesaving computer gets switched off at some point. More upset about that than anything else I think. At least you can while away a lot of hours, talking about the most important thing on our minds. What am I going to do with myself when all this furniture has gone this afternoon?

Spent last night, sleeping in a little space amongst the boxes in our living room.

Off out for a meal tonight with some friends, so that won't be too bad.

Everyone that is waiting to get to this stage - Good luck.

All the ones that are just about on their way - Good luck.

Those that have been and done it, don't want it and want to return - Good luck.

I will be back on here as soon as I can.

Thanks for our chats Polly at one of my most lowest times. Just don't lose touch.

Whisky
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:58 pm

Originally posted by whisky
Well folks, this is the morning that the lifesaving computer gets switched off at some point. More upset about that than anything else I think. At least you can while away a lot of hours, talking about the most important thing on our minds. What am I going to do with myself when all this furniture has gone this afternoon?

Spent last night, sleeping in a little space amongst the boxes in our living room.

Off out for a meal tonight with some friends, so that won't be too bad.

Everyone that is waiting to get to this stage - Good luck.

All the ones that are just about on their way - Good luck.

Those that have been and done it, don't want it and want to return - Good luck.

I will be back on here as soon as I can.

Thanks for our chats Polly at one of my most lowest times. Just don't lose touch.

Whisky
All the best with the house selling. I have a feeling your next post will be a lot happier.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:37 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Pollyanna,

I just had to say how amazing it is to feel so involved with your great adventure (and everyone else's too - it's just made it all seem so real to me to read through your posts today!) and to say thanks for sharing everything with us.

Sorry, I know this is pretty soppy; but when you have a while to wait as I do (off to Adelaide in August next year, hopefully) the excitement is a much-needed shot in the arm.

I haven't been posting here long but have got a lot out of everyone's contributions - please, all of you who are leaving soon, keep the postings going when you arrive on the "other side"!

Thanks and good luck,

Elaine

have to agree with everything Elaine has said! I too am a long way off going - probably a couple of years (in fact my other half has just sugested buying a house as a way of saving some money!!) and reading everyones experiences has allowed me to gain so much insight into the whole process!!
We couldnt gain this much info from all the books published!!

cheers guys, and once again good luck!

sue

Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:50 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Oooh what a cruel idea.... good one though! I could drop a few hints about some stuff he left here for me to take over. I could wind him up good and proper.
Sue - I know what you mean about those fairies round the house, its like the sock fairy who pairs up all the odd socks isn't it. Funny how those things just happen but the blokes never know how!
Have to get my own back somehow- he keeps sending me texts saying he's bored and can I get a move on and get out there! If he does it again I'll suggest if hes that bored we can change places!
No sock fairies round here. They go missing. Then I end up with very small socks and a wife comlaining there are holes in her socks. I don't think I will win this one.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Elaine,
I'm glad we've kept you entertained, and when you get to this stage you will probably be doing the same as Whisky and I have been - relying on the site to keep you cheerful! I shall have a real shock next week when I have no access at all for 10 days, and then when I fly out I am just praying the shippers get the pc there at the same time that I get there (otherwise they will get lousy press on here, I promise you that!).
I think part of it is that however supportive your family and friends are, they don't actually know what it feels like going through the migration process (unless they've done it themselves of course!) - at least here you can rant as much as you like, and everyone knows exactly why you are doing it.

Whisky - if you are still plugged in, best of luck, I'll hope to hear from you soon, and I really hope that house sale gets sorted.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by whisky
Thanks everyone for your good wishes.
Don't worry about the movers, you really don't have to do a lot so long as you have sorted your stuff. They are so quick and professional.
I have spent more time on here today than I have for quite some time. This will be my last night on here for a while. Just might beable to catch you all first thing in the morning, before I am unplugged.
I shall miss you all. Always been there, just a fingertip away.
I am grateful to you all for your advice and support these last few months, especially last month when my cousin was killed. It like having an extended family that you can turn too.
I hope that I will beable to carry on with expats when we get to Oz and can help others going through this process.

Whisky

Things look a little bleak but the adventure ahead is going to be awesome.....think about it your going to Australia...
when your walking along the beach watching the waves come in it will all have been worth it......