Is it true?

Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it true?

A couple of things that I have been told about Perth and just wondered whether they are correct or not

1.Public transport is free!! except for in the perth itself
2.Public parking is free
3.Yellow school buses pick kids up to take them to school like in America.
Does this mean you can wave them off from the doorstep,sounds highly unlikely to me

Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:13 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

off the topic but-If PB was still around he would have a field day with this
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is PB.I understood that he was back in England but does he not post anymore.He is my ignore list so I wouldn't know if he is still using the forums.

Like you say he probably would have had a field day with these queries

Originally posted by seang
off the topic but-If PB was still around he would have a field day with this
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Where is PB.I understood that he was back in England but does he not post anymore.He is my ignore list so I wouldn't know if he is still using the forums.

Like you say he probably would have had a field day with these queries
Part of the answer...

http://public.transperth.wa.gov.au/g...instanceid=105
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:19 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

glad you took the reply in the nature(tongue in cheek)way it was meant -hope someone can answer your question though

also where is wilf?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:24 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it true?

A couple of things that I have been told about Perth and just wondered whether they are correct or not

2.Public parking is free
Does this mean you can wave them off from the doorstep,sounds highly unlikely to me

Diane
There is a free bus in the CBD area of Perth which is really frequent but always rammed.
Dont know about the other questions sorry.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong. Only is the very centre (and up to Kings Park!). There are 2 busses, the red and blue CAT, the rest you have to pay.

2.Public parking is free
Wouldn't know, but I don't think so. Well, maybe some spots?

Don't know about Perth, but we lived in the South West (Bridgetown) and there where orange school busses there. They were only for kids who lived out of town. We did too, but when there was more kids who lived further than us, we were the first to be kicked off, cos we lived closest to school in comparison. In totaal there were about 8 busses, each one had it's own route.(but only for the kids who lived out of town)
I don't think most schools have em in Perth, but maybe some?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:42 pm
owieb

2.Public parking is free

Diane
The CBD area of Perth has free transport, it is a fairly small area that goes between Kings Park and East Perth and the River and Northbridge. All buses, trains, ferries are free in this zone. But the CBD is so small, sometimes it's quicker to walk!

There are CAT buses, blue, yellow and red that run constantly during the day and you can just jump on and off these as you please. They're really modern and very handy if you need to go to West Perth or East Perth from the CBD.

All other public transport has to be paid for.

Mr2Blue said these are always rammed, be interesting to know how many times he has caught these from Essex! They are busy during the rush hour period, but during the day they are fine. You can normally get a seat.

Public parking is not free! Parking near the beach in many suburbs is free, but many suburbs such as Cottlesloe and Freo charge for parking. Parking in the CBD is not free either. Day parking can range from $8 - $15, or $1.20 to $1.80 per hour.

As for school buses, not sure on that one as I don't have kids!

Last edited by owieb; Oct 14th 2003 at 12:49 pm.

Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:51 pm

Originally posted by owieb
The CBD area of Perth has free transport, it is a fairly small area that goes between Kings Park and East Perth and the River and Northbridge. All buses, trains, ferries are free in this zone. But the CBD is so small, sometimes it's quicker to walk!

There are CAT buses, blue, yellow and red than run constantly during the day and you can just jump on and off these as you please. They're really modern and very handy if you need to go to West Perth or East Perth from the CBD.

All other public transport has to be paid for.

MrBlue said these are always rammed, be interesting to know how many times he has caught these from Essex! They are busy during the rush hour period, but during the day they are fine. You can normally get a seat
It always amuses me how there is always someone waiting to jump down your throught when your experience of things differs to theirs.
Of course I didnt catch it from Essex you feckwit but on the many times I did catch it at various times off the day it was rammed.
Just my experience not sure i'll bother in the future.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:01 pm
owieb

Originally posted by mr2blue
It always amuses me how there is always someone waiting to jump down your throught when your experience of things differs to theirs.
Of course I didnt catch it from Essex you feckwit but on the many times I did catch it at various times off the day it was rammed.
Just my experience not sure i'll bother in the future.
Like wise it amuses me how people who don't live here think they know more about life here than the people who do live here!

Cool about your experience, thanks for sharing it with us!

Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:07 pm

I would never be that presumtous!
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

For goodness sake boys put the toys back in the pram, we are only talking about your opinions on what constitutes a crowded bus.:lecture: :lecture: :lecture:

Lynn
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:36 pm
small steps long journey

oh its just like have the two people i mentioned earlier back
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:47 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never caught a bus in Perth or Essex but in my experience they were always rammed with feckwits (day and night)....

it's about time this board had a good flame war. I never thought I'd say it, but I almost kind of miss Wilf. (sort of....)

There's been no woefully ill-informed trolls about NZ lately ....
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:54 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jandjuk
I've never caught a bus in Perth or Essex but in my experience they were always rammed with feckwits (day and night)....

it's about time this board had a good flame war. I never thought I'd say it, but I almost kind of miss Wilf. (sort of....)

There's been no woefully ill-informed trolls about NZ lately ....
NZ is FULL of homeless tramps running around with feathers plucked from abandoned ostriches and who eat Kias whole with total disregard for the passing pom. The WHOLE place stinks like kiwi pap, and the ONLY job you are likely to get is running around chasing the dum birds (and the Kiwis) with a shovel and a carrier bag. If you go in the sea you WILL be gobbled up by moby dick and then you'll be sorry. It rains ALL the time and thats the end of that.

JandJuk. I know im not a patch on the experts...but how was that??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.