Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Offshore accounts IOM previous to OZ?

Offshore accounts IOM previous to OZ?

Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Offshore accounts IOM previous to OZ?

Having had an offshore account on IOM, do I HAVE to declare it to the ATO if I xfer some money into my UK account every month to cover this monthly payment to IOM?
Do I declare it and pay tax to ATO on interest?

BIt confused on this one?

Does it make any difference that I am on a 457 visa and not a PR for tax reasons?

PP
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Offshore accounts IOM previous to OZ?

Originally Posted by plantpot
Having had an offshore account on IOM, do I HAVE to declare it to the ATO if I xfer some money into my UK account every month to cover this monthly payment to IOM?

BIt confused on this one?

Does it make any difference that I am on a 457 visa and not a PR for tax reasons?

PP
Someone more qualified than me will confirm but as I understand it the answer is 'no, because you're on a 457'.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

no to this bit

Or this?

Originally Posted by RCoight
Someone more qualified than me will confirm but as I understand it the answer is 'no, because you're on a 457'.
PP x
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by plantpot

no to this bit

Or this?

PP x
No you don't have to declare the income because you're on a 457 visa, and therefore a temporary resident, not a permanent one.