Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rates:Pound V AUS Dollar

Exchange rates:Pound V AUS Dollar

Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

jimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nice
Default Exchange rates:Pound V AUS Dollar

Ive been sitting on me big bum for six months and havnt transferred my Pounds to my Oz bank account, since then the exchange rate has lost me quite a bit and continues to do so. When can someone suggest is a good time to transfer ? Do you think the GBP will regain some value towards year end ?Please help you money crunchers !
Jimmi
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchange rates:Pound V AUS Dollar

Well the Aus $ is probably at its lowest against the pound now as it has been since the beginning of the year.

So now would be a good time to change, but the real question is will it get any lower ?

If i knew that then i would be a millionnaire

Stu
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It could be 2.4 in September
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:11 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It could be 2.4 in September
Ha...! Jammy git...! When you first said that all the 'experts' were saying no chance of the Aussie doing anything but getting stronger - now they're backing you...

Help with next weeks euromillions would be appreciated...!
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jimmip,it hasn't lost you anything as yet as you haven't done anything!
You could now consider spreading your risk by exchanging your funds in stages.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:00 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Exchange rates:Pound V AUS Dollar

Originally Posted by jimmip
Ive been sitting on me big bum for six months and havnt transferred my Pounds to my Oz bank account, since then the exchange rate has lost me quite a bit and continues to do so. When can someone suggest is a good time to transfer ? Do you think the GBP will regain some value towards year end ?Please help you money crunchers !
Jimmi
Why does anybody in this world would loose world's second most powerful standard currency GBP to buy cheap currencies like Australian Dollar or Nigerian Naira?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jimmip
Jimmi
I think the Aussie will be back to 2.42 to the pound come January 09
to think the Aussie could have sustained parity with the US dollar
is a joke

The worlds most powerfull nation and economy

And the land of skippy
both currencies on par dont make me laugh

Last edited by Hotton; Aug 9th 2008 at 2:15 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

chillyanna is an unknown quantity at this point

well this might not sound like much to sing about but i also am tracking the AUD Vs the GBP, just this week i have seen it rise almost 5 cents to AU$ 2.15
gaining just under 1 cent per day, this is sign for optimism that the worst is over and things are on the up again. I will wait till nearer christmas before i exchange so i get a better rate. keep the oranges peeled!!
cheers
paul
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

leave_n_on_a_Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hotton
I think the Aussie will be back to 2.42 to the pound come January 09
to think the Aussie could have sustained parity with the US dollar
is a joke

The worlds most powerfull nation and economy

And the land of skippy
both currencies on par dont make me laugh

with the falling AUD $, prices will go up as imports will now cost more, so anything you need to buy, get it now before prices start to rise, then people will spend less, then job losses start as in usa & uk etc.

Not everyone works in mining in Oz and the slow down in China will soon have an effect on mining as well.

James
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:14 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leave_n_on_a_Jet
with the falling AUD $, prices will go up as imports will now cost more, so anything you need to buy, get it now before prices start to rise, then people will spend less, then job losses start as in usa & uk etc.

Not everyone works in mining in Oz and the slow down in China will soon have an effect on mining as well.

James
In Australia this blow will be harder because it have a very small market and already less oppurtunities.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:33 pm
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

I don't claim to be an expert, but the fact that a lot of newspapers seem to be hinting that Aussie interest rates may start to drop soon while Uk ones might actually have to rise, then its likely that the AUS$ will continue to fall. Might be well worth hanging onto your money a while longer.