Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:22 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by kallie
What in the world do you do for a living? :scared:
Buy and sell SME's
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:26 am
Just Joined

kallie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thebears
Buy and sell SME's
I'm a Dutchie and still living in Holland.
What's a SME????
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:12 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

I'm a Dutchie and still living in Holland.
What's a SME????
Small to Medium Enterprise.

Companies up to about 1000 employees in other words.

Buzzy
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Small to Medium Enterprise.

Companies up to about 1000 employees in other words.

Buzzy
Well,

I was thinking of a career change, but that's way out of my knowledge.
Bying en selling houses, ok.

I'll better be a bricklayer. But we'll never know what future may bring.
Thanks for the info.

Mariette
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

Are there any electronics engineers around? Anyone know a salary for bench diagnostic engineer fixing to component level?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

G'day guys,

I've not read all the posts on here but have got a general idea of what people are saying/wanting to know about.

If you've read my other thread you'll know that I am the manager for Hays recruitment in Tasmania and just wanted to cover a few things off.

Firstly, I can GUARENTEE that all our jobs (Tassie ones) are genuine. Unfortunately we're not given enough allocation to put all of them on so the ones you see are the tip of the iceberg. Have a look on hays.com.au and you'll find loads more.

Secondly, (this might not have been mentioned in a while as it was a post at the beginning) but I am assuming the "can't survive on $3500" was a joke. In Tassie, Nat and I take home around $4500 a month which for Tassie is not bad money.

Thirdly, if I had 4 chippies walk in the door, I could have them out working in 5 minutes on $25 an hour minimum. There is such a shortage down here tradies/builders are cleaning up. New house purchases dropped 13% in Victoria and NSW, in Tassie it dropped 3%. Yes there are issues around licences but there are ways around it (basically, you work alongside someone who is licenced).

There ARE jobs in Tassie. In fact, there are too many which means there are too few skilled candidates. I am very passionate about bringing/keeping skills in Tasmania as without them the future looks worrying. If you're looking for job satifaction, fast track career progression and lifestyle-tassie has it. If you're looking for megabucks, go to Perth and come visit us sometime to see what you're missing!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by natty
G'day guys,

If you've read my other thread you'll know that I am the manager for Hays recruitment in Tasmania and just wanted to cover a few things off.

Well, I didn't, haven't been that long here, have only a log- in name for less then a week. but very interested.
Hubbie's skills are assessed as a carpenter/joiner and we are willing to go to Tassie.
We have relatives living in Tassie so that will make it easier and just lodged our visa application at DIMA.

Firstly, I can GUARENTEE that all our jobs (Tassie ones) are genuine. Unfortunately we're not given enough allocation to put all of them on so the ones you see are the tip of the iceberg. Have a look on hays.com.au and you'll find loads more.

Thirdly, if I had 4 chippies walk in the door, I could have them out working in 5 minutes on $25 an hour minimum. There is such a shortage down here tradies/builders are cleaning up. New house purchases dropped 13% in Victoria and NSW, in Tassie it dropped 3%. Yes there are issues around licences but there are ways around it (basically, you work alongside someone who is licenced).

Hubbie is not a chippie, so I assume he can make more then $25.
He worked as a carpenter for over 25 years.(In fact the last 11 years as a self-employed carpenter) With good plan-reading and communication skills.

There ARE jobs in Tassie. In fact, there are too many which means there are too few skilled candidates. I am very passionate about bringing/keeping skills in Tasmania as without them the future looks worrying. If you're looking for job satifaction, fast track career progression and lifestyle-tassie has it. If you're looking for megabucks, go to Perth and come visit us sometime to see what you're missing!!
So conclusion, let us know more, again, we are interested.

Mariette

Last edited by kallie; Sep 1st 2006 at 5:35 am.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I am being sponsored by a company in melbourne as a sub-editor and will be starting on $55,000. They are also paying for my 457 visa.
Not great, but to be honest in my business wages in England can be anything from £20,000 to £35,000 so it's not that bad in comparison.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by natty
G'day guys,

I've not read all the posts on here but have got a general idea of what people are saying/wanting to know about.

Secondly, (this might not have been mentioned in a while as it was a post at the beginning) but I am assuming the "can't survive on $3500" was a joke. In Tassie, Nat and I take home around $4500 a month which for Tassie is not bad money.

I'm assuming if there is a demand wages are reasonable for roof slater and tilers also? What is the current hourly rate for them and do they need a special licence?

Jan
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

So conclusion, let us know more, again, we are interested.

Mariette
Hi Mariette,

If you want, drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll help you out from there!

Cheers,

Rob
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

barricorps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

We are toying with the idea of selling up and moving to melbourne or brisbane from the u.k.

I am a skilled roof tiler and slater and my trade is up on the governments"most wanted " list but i am finding it difficult to find any idea about how much i would earn as a subcontractor over in oz.

I would be looking at working for someone at first then possibly setting up on my own.

Is the building trade booming over there at the minute?

Any info very much appriciated.

barry and claire.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has an idea how much a senior stylist with 20 years experience including management, nvq level 3 and training is likely to get per hour in either Sydney or Melbourne?
It will really help get an idea of how much we can afford for rent etc!!
Thank you! Traceyxhttp://britishexpats.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3728049#
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:02 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Are there any possibilities for a female bricklayer?
Then I am thinking of a career change
why not ,there a female scaffolder going around with presto scaffolding here in perth .Id welcome a female bricklayer ,but ive yet to see one and ofcourse us building workers are only one step up the ladder from the neanderthal when it comes to political correctness and worrying about peoples feelings ,so if you dont mind a good laugh and a good wind -up ,all fully loaded with sexual inuendo then a job as a bricklayer maybe just right for you .
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:04 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by barricorps
Hi guys

We are toying with the idea of selling up and moving to melbourne or brisbane from the u.k.

I am a skilled roof tiler and slater and my trade is up on the governments"most wanted " list but i am finding it difficult to find any idea about how much i would earn as a subcontractor over in oz.

I would be looking at working for someone at first then possibly setting up on my own.

Is the building trade booming over there at the minute?

Any info very much appriciated.

barry and claire.
In perth its BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM and no bust in sight
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
In perth its BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM and no bust in sight
Yeah man! F**king great isn't it? If any construction person came here with 20 of his construction mates, they'd all get hired at the airport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.