Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from Imm forum.

Off-topic posts from Imm forum.

Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:21 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of
Default Off-topic posts from Imm forum.

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR AS IT WAS TO A SPOOF WEBSITE, BUT CLAIMED TO BE A GENUINE IMMIGRATION UPDATE

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 28th 2009 at 5:42 am. Reason: As stated in body of post.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any Bangladeshi/Indian/Pakistani here.. what's the status

this is a hoax, if u follow the link it takes you to http://www.nitrous.com.au/breaking-n...0327-97s2.html web site and I could not find any other web sites carrying this news to corroborate the story.
very dangerous to mislead people like that

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 28th 2009 at 5:42 am. Reason: Quote removed - it was a very cruel hoax
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Hi Axe,
You are really cool man. The actual link is http://www.nitrous.com.au/breaking-n...0327-97s2.html where this story is published. I enjoyed it a lot but I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have had caridiac arrest if this was not 3am in the subcontinent...

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 28th 2009 at 5:43 am. Reason: Its noit cool, not when the link in the quote causes that much anguish to applicants
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

gfzavier is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by capetosydney
this is a hoax, if u follow the link it takes you to http://www.nitrous.com.au/breaking-n...0327-97s2.html web site and I could not find any other web sites carrying this news to corroborate the story.
very dangerous to mislead people like that
Yes, you are right. No other sites have posted this news. Also I compared the source code of both the below links

http://www.nitrous.com.au/breaking-n...0327-97s2.html
http://www.smh.com.au/breaking-news-...0327-97s2.html

apparently somebody copied the content (the original content titled "Migration racket busted") and created a dummy html file and posted in an uncategorized website www.nitrous.com....try going to the home page of nitrous.com..i cant see anything related to immigration or news.

looks like somebody is misleading the people to create panic.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:55 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from Imm forum.

I've split these post from the original thread as it was off-topic. Please keep discussions on thread topic. The Imm forum is not for off-topic chit-chat about issues in newspapers etc.

Thanks

Sue
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Hi sue , Please remove this thread from AXE, as it is causing anxiety to many.
I am not from the those country, but I sympathize the agony on all those who awaiting for visa from these countries.
One thing for sure Australia is a Country will not refuse citizens from a country just because the ruler of the country support terrorism or what ever because immigration is based on individuals eligibility.
I smell some one having an attitude of anti- migration from HR. countries.

Let see what BE has to say about this.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The thread is now closed.

To the OP, and anyone else that thought it was funny - many people are currently experiencing problems with their migration plans due to the introduction of the CSL etc. Many more people are losing their jobs and having to leave Australia because their visas are job-dependent.

While the idea of the article itself may seem amusing to some people, to post it as a link to a SMH page causes people to think it is real, and thus it can cause distress or even panic among those believing their migration plans have just been cancelled.

Just do us all a favour next time and think of your fellow posters.