Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meriton Kent Street Serviced Apartments - Sydney

Meriton Kent Street Serviced Apartments - Sydney

Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Meriton Kent Street Serviced Apartments - Sydney

For my upcoming validation trip to Sydney, I'm thinking about booking myself into Meriton Serviced Apartment on Kent Street after reading good reviews on the net. Anyone stayed here before?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:05 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meriton Kent Street Serviced Apartments - Sydney

No but I have stayed in Meriton Pitt Street and Meriton World Tower - both were excellent......Meriton Kent St is just around the corner from both.....can't see why it wouldn't be as good.

I also found the Meriton website itself was the cheapest place to book...not sure where you're looking.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:14 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with those ones but friends have stayed in the Fraser Suites on Kent and had no grumbles.

Other friends have stayed here a couple of times and said they're very good value for money and thoroughly recommended.
http://www.theoaksgroup.com.au/Property.aspx?sid=11
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
For my upcoming validation trip to Sydney, I'm thinking about booking myself into Meriton Serviced Apartment on Kent Street after reading good reviews on the net. Anyone stayed here before?
I generally stay in the 'Meriton Village' when I'm working in Sydney, and have stayed at their Kent Street place a few times now.

The apartments are generally very clean and shiny, and they're in a reasonable location (Pitt Street is a shorter walk to Museum train station).

We've found that it's usually cheaper to book on wotif.com than direct through Meriton.

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

sason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the rough

I stayed there for four days last month and it was really good. I had a great view from level 46. The only issue was that the ventilation wasn't that good, but I kept the windows open, so it was alright. I think they still have all balconies locked after incidents where things have been thrown down and smashing the glass roof on the shopping center below.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

waikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nice

Yep we had 4 nights here last year and it was great - really clean and fresh and everything you could need. Good spot for walking to all the main sights too. We booked on www.hotelclub.net which was the cheapest place we found.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by waikiki
Yep we had 4 nights here last year and it was great - really clean and fresh and everything you could need. Good spot for walking to all the main sights too. We booked on www.hotelclub.net which was the cheapest place we found.
Thanks bcworld, Seasider, lonndongeek, sason and waikiki for your inputs. I will book through Meriton website, as the rates were comparable to other agencies yet allowing more flexibility.