Oecd Got It Wrong

Oecd Got It Wrong

Old Feb 12th 2003, 7:55 pm
JWW
Forum Regular

JWW will become famous soon enough
Default Oecd Got It Wrong

This ones esp for MuppetKing:

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development has apologised for publishing misleading statistics claiming New Zealand had the highest teen crime rate in the Western world.

The figures - contained in a report comparing youth crime, pregnancy and suicide rates in 30 countries - had already been dismissed by New Zealand experts.

Researchers, police and Justice Minister Phil Goff criticised the youth crime figures in the OECD report. They said the figures were invalid because different countries used different criteria to record crime.

"The comparison was invalid because they failed to compare like with like. A single offender who committed 50 offences, for example, would be listed 50 times in New Zealand statistics but only counted once in figures from other countries," Mr Goff said.

The OECD has apologised for the error and issued a correction to international media, as well as removing data from its website and attempting to include an erratum in hard copies of the report.

"I would like to assure you that we have taken prompt action to limit the diffusion of this misleading information," an OECD statement said.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 9:36 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oecd Got It Wrong

Originally posted by JWW
This ones esp for MuppetKing:

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development has apologised for publishing misleading statistics claiming New Zealand had the highest teen crime rate in the Western world.

The figures - contained in a report comparing youth crime, pregnancy and suicide rates in 30 countries - had already been dismissed by New Zealand experts.

Researchers, police and Justice Minister Phil Goff criticised the youth crime figures in the OECD report. They said the figures were invalid because different countries used different criteria to record crime.

"The comparison was invalid because they failed to compare like with like. A single offender who committed 50 offences, for example, would be listed 50 times in New Zealand statistics but only counted once in figures from other countries," Mr Goff said.

The OECD has apologised for the error and issued a correction to international media, as well as removing data from its website and attempting to include an erratum in hard copies of the report.

"I would like to assure you that we have taken prompt action to limit the diffusion of this misleading information," an OECD statement said.

REALLY WELL I NEVER I AM SO SUPRISED - NOT

Paula