Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

obtaining a uk passport for oz born daughter

obtaining a uk passport for oz born daughter

Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: obtaining a uk passport for oz born daughter

Originally Posted by Pomster
when we got our passport for our new daughter, I asked a guy at work to sign that he had known me for 2 years- as our daughter was only 4 weeks old!
This is what BHC ask for...and I have heard they accept less than that if no other option, as long as the referee is on the list. I had forgotten that a mate of ours was an accountant- ask around, you might find an acceptable person.
it's not length of time that's the problem, it's knowing someone on the list full stop. and yes, i know it's known us not the baby...!

i will ask some friends, maybe they'll know someone that can do it for me.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Default Re: obtaining a uk passport for oz born daughter

thanks all i'll add it to our list of things to do.
we had similar issues getting someone to sign for our daughters AU passport but we asked a neighbour we hadnt known her that long as we had just moved to a new area but what can you do in that situation??

i'll have to have a look at the list- we too will probably have issues finding someone