Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Objects in the rear view mirror may be huge?

Objects in the rear view mirror may be huge?

Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:00 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Objects in the rear view mirror may be huge?

Hi

I was hoping for some general opinions on this, I have noticed a very big difference between the time I started the whole visa process and the present. When I started times where OK house prices where stable actuall still rising in places and jobs plentifull.

We chose to migrate as we where effectively priced out of a UK house. Along with some other reasons. We knew no-one who had migrated to Aus before and everyone seemed happy.

However today I know several people activly looking to up sticks and leave, I am hearing stories of expos being flooded with potential migrants and i know off 3 families and two couples in the process. I am regularly asked for , how do you do it advice?

So my question is this , does anyone else reckon that there is about to be a flood of migration(much greater than usual) .
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Objects in the rear view mirror may be huge?

I guess you need to look up what happened in previous downturns to answer this question.

Most mass migration has been due to some reason in the country people live in.

If everything is honky dory people stay put.

I believe migration should be thought through very carefully and considered and not a whim and one should keep the journey individual not swayed by others as this leads to unhappiness.

Interesting times lets hope they don't get too interesting otherwise we will have to get a cow a pig and some chickens.