O2 PAYG Mobile

Old May 18th 2008, 2:33 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Question O2 PAYG Mobile

I'm about to buy my grandaughter to O2 Cocoon mobile phone, for her to take to AUstralia when she leaves. Will this work in Australia, if she just changes the sim card? I know nothing about mobiles and technology per se, so any advice would be really helpful.

Someone did tell me that I could ask O2 to unlock the phone for me so it was ready to use in Australia, but I have just been to their shop and they said that the phone could not be unlocked - are they being honest or just don't want to help?

Any and all advice welcome.
Old May 18th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O2 PAYG Mobile

Originally Posted by Blossom
I'm about to buy my grandaughter to O2 Cocoon mobile phone, for her to take to AUstralia when she leaves. Will this work in Australia, if she just changes the sim card? I know nothing about mobiles and technology per se, so any advice would be really helpful.

Someone did tell me that I could ask O2 to unlock the phone for me so it was ready to use in Australia, but I have just been to their shop and they said that the phone could not be unlocked - are they being honest or just don't want to help?

Any and all advice welcome.

Don't buy the phone from them. Give her the money to buy one over here. She won't have the problem with unblocking it and can work out which company will supply the best service for her needs from this end, loads of good deals to suit every one
It sounds like you have got the usual salesperson speak who hasn't a f**king clue what they are talking about just don't give them the sale

John

Last edited by nickyjohnt; May 18th 2008 at 4:35 pm.
Old May 18th 2008, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Are they special mobile phones for kids? Cant say that I know them. Ask a "little man in the market" if he would be able to unlock one if you brought one in - I have had several UK phones unlocked by the market man over the years and never had a problem other than that the settings remain the parent company (so I have an O2 screen saver on my current phone and I needed to get optus settings for internet browsing) O2 of course are going to tell you that they cant be unlocked because they dont want you popping off to another UK company.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 4:05 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Thanks everyone - I bought the phone at a different O2 store from my local shop and the young sales chap checked it all out for me and told me (quietly) that the phone was unlocked already!

So I paid up and she took it to Australia with her and is now happily using it over there - don't know what sim she has in it but it works, she's happy and for the price (less than £60) it was a bargain. Seen them on ebay in Aus selling at over $300!

This is a limited edition phone with 2GB MP3 player, internet etcbetc, so was happy with the purchase for her!

All I have to do now is convince her to call me sometime when she's not too busy with her new friends and investigating new areas!