Reload this Page >

O/T Postcard from Phuket - there IS free lunch

O/T Postcard from Phuket - there IS free lunch

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:35 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O/T Postcard from Phuket - there IS a free lunch

Most of you will no doubt remember my seminal work 'Struggling to survive on NZD1000 a week'. Wise words.

Here's how we got free lunch.

Fly to Thailand. Free-ish - we had the ticket back to Europe already and those nice people at Singapore Air didn't charge us to go back early. Singapore - Phuket return about GBP300 for the four of us with Thai.

Staying in a nice new hotel on the beach for GBP27 a day incl taxes and breakfast. 3* but I'd call it 3+*, just like a Italian Lago di Garda jobbie with lots of marble and very clean and all the bits working. Esp bathroom very good.

Eating - hard to eat more than one more meal a day after that BIG breakfast - THB500 or GBP9 covers the 4 of us for a massive blowout at late lunch.

All in all - a lot less than NZD1000 a week.

And a very pleasant 33 degrees C with beautiful beach.

Last edited by The Don; Feb 24th 2004 at 1:40 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:39 pm
WBB

Default Re: O/T Postcard from Phuket - there IS a free lunch

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Most of you will no doubt remember my seminal work 'Struggling to survive on NZD1000 a week'. Probably a lot of you bookmarked it for future reference. I don't blame you. Good move. Wise words. You might learn something.

Here's how we got free lunch.

Fly to Thailand. Free-ish - we had the ticket back to Europe already and those nice people at Singapore Air didn't charge us to go back early. Singapore - Phuket about GBP300 with Thai.

Staying in a nice new hotel for GBP27 a day incl taxes and breakfast. 3* but I'd call it 3+*, just like a Italian Lago di Garda jobbie with lots of marble and very clean and all the bits working. Esp bathroom very good.

Eating - hard to eat more than one more meal a day after that BIG breakfast - THB500 or GBP15 covers the 4 of us for a massive blowout at late lunch.

All in all - a lot less than NZD1000 a week.

And a very pleasant 33 degrees C with beautiful beach.
hello, good morning chicken?

http://www.phuket-info.com/phrase.htm

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:40 pm
Don
Banned

Wonderful things, these search engines
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:17 pm
Don
Banned

Another day of getting up at 6 am (makes a change!), big brekkie, walk along the beach, play in the sea, sleep for the kids incl big Don at 2 pm, late lunch at 5pm, where does the day go?

Fresh seafood, delicious.

Why does NZ not do seafood a bit better?