NZ versus Aus

Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all
Default Re: NZ versus Aus

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;8837730]New Zealand used to be a stepping stone to Australia for many migrating people, but I am sure that this "loophole" has now been tightened up.

Yep....otherwise we would already be over with you!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:10 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Am Loolah. I did my 'time' in Oz and will never go back. I guess I'm unusual.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:28 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I agree with Am Loolah. I did my 'time' in Oz and will never go back. I guess I'm unusual.
Several people live in Oz and then go somewhere else so you're not unusual at all. But the majority of those do not move on to NZ!

BB
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Statistics would say so . . .
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:04 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like the Kiwi accent ... maybe I am unusual ...

Planning on a visit next year actually, no plans of moving permanently but I do appreciate a decent bit of scenery.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:08 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NZ versus Aus

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I quite like the Kiwi accent ... maybe I am unusual ...

Planning on a visit next year actually, no plans of moving permanently but I do appreciate a decent bit of scenery.
Oh sure, it's a beautiful place to visit for a holiday. But there's lots of places I consider very beautiful for a holiday but that doesn't mean I want to live there.

Queensland for instance

BB
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:15 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Oh sure, it's a beautiful place to visit for a holiday. But there's lots of places I consider very beautiful for a holiday but that doesn't mean I want to live there.

Queensland for instance

BB
Hehe, yeh ... the experience is slightly different when you have to actually live there. Having said that, my naive self would have picked NZ over Aus from afar 6 years ago, dunno why, easily seduced by tourist brochures I guess
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:30 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Hehe, yeh ... the experience is slightly different when you have to actually live there. Having said that, my naive self would have picked NZ over Aus from afar 6 years ago, dunno why, easily seduced by tourist brochures I guess
The 100% pure New Zealand campaign is the biggest piece of state-sponsored propaganda since the Bolshevik era.

Some examples of "clean green 100% pure New Zealand" -

In the town of Greymouth, population 9000, all toilets flush directly into the river without treatment.

In New Zealand's second biggest city, Christchurch, the smoke from wood and coal burning heating fires means that in winter you sometimes cannot see from one side of the street to the other due to the smog.

One of the biggest pollutants of New Zealands rivers is cow shit from dairy farms. Another is 1080 poison, designed to poison possums, but pretty indiscriminate to other animals.

Many people in rural New Zealand have no access to rubbish collection services. They bury their rubbish or burn it.

100% clean green pure New Zealand....... 100% bollocks.

BB
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:26 am
Mostly Harmless

The 100% pure New Zealand campaign is the biggest piece of state-sponsored propaganda since the Bolshevik era.

In the town of Greymouth, population 9000, all toilets flush directly into the river without treatment.

In New Zealand's second biggest city, Christchurch, the smoke from wood and coal burning heating fires means that in winter you sometimes cannot see from one side of the street to the other due to the smog.

One of the biggest pollutants of New Zealands rivers is cow shit from dairy farms. Another is 1080 poison, designed to poison possums, but pretty indiscriminate to other animals.

Many people in rural New Zealand have no access to rubbish collection services. They bury their rubbish or burn it.

BB
Wow, the things you learn ... thanks for the education ... edacashun?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:50 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Interesting if you put this on the NZ forum what kind of reponses you would get. Not saying these are not all fair and balanced views. Would just be intersted in the other side of the coin.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684712

BB
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Buzzy.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:02 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Queensland for instance

BB
Yes like Tasmania, probably has some of the best scenery in Australia and l had a great holiday there but l would'nt want to live there.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:30 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

BB
Pot, Pot calling kettle..
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Pot, Pot calling kettle..
Not really.

I never stated that Australia wasn't a polluter, it is, big time, you just have to look at Hazelwood power station.

The difference is that Australia's tourist marketing programme is not based on propaganda and lies about how unpolluted it is.

Australia does not talk about "100% pure green Australia"

BB
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

OzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Australia = 1st world country
New Zealand = 3rd world country

One of the biggest advantages of not living in NZ is that your kids won't grow up with that wanker Kiwi accent.
That's hilarious coming from a Saffa!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.