Reload this Page >

NZ -Return. Res. Visa question

NZ -Return. Res. Visa question

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Bryher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ -Return. Res. Visa question

Can anyone help?......

I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone reading this may be able to answer:-

My husbands Returning Res. Visa STARTED from 16/9/03 as he is already in NZ and was given his Residence Permit at the same time - so his 2 year period has started. Me and the kids will validate in Aug 04, so our 2yrs will start from then.

1) Can my husband apply for an INDEFINITE Ret. Res. Visa in 2 yrs time with spouse and dependant child on the same application - or will he have to wait until WE have had our RRV for the full 2 yrs?

2) Our son will be 20 when his RRV runs out - we know he has to fill in a separate application for an indefinite visa - but does he have to qualify under the same rules as a 'principle' applicant (i.e. 1 of the 5 requirments of the indef. visa) or does he get one automatically as he was on the principle applicates orginal application? He hopefully will have been in nz for at least 6 months before applying.

The NZIS sent me the booklet Guide for RRV, but it does not go into detail and I cannot find anything that answers my many questions on their web site - hence my postings on this site!

Wish we'd moved before the kids were teenagers - timing the move to fit in with their exams etc. is a nightmare!! Anyone else in the same situation?

Bryher.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 12:11 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ -Return. Res. Visa question

1. All applicants have to satisfy the requirements, incl the 2 year period (minimum) from first arrival in NZ. So husband can apply but will have to wait for the rest of you to complete 2 years.

2. Not sure.

All the best.

Originally posted by Bryher
Can anyone help?......

I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone reading this may be able to answer:-

My husbands Returning Res. Visa STARTED from 16/9/03 as he is already in NZ and was given his Residence Permit at the same time - so his 2 year period has started. Me and the kids will validate in Aug 04, so our 2yrs will start from then.

1) Can my husband apply for an INDEFINITE Ret. Res. Visa in 2 yrs time with spouse and dependant child on the same application - or will he have to wait until WE have had our RRV for the full 2 yrs?

2) Our son will be 20 when his RRV runs out - we know he has to fill in a separate application for an indefinite visa - but does he have to qualify under the same rules as a 'principle' applicant (i.e. 1 of the 5 requirments of the indef. visa) or does he get one automatically as he was on the principle applicates orginal application? He hopefully will have been in nz for at least 6 months before applying.

The NZIS sent me the booklet Guide for RRV, but it does not go into detail and I cannot find anything that answers my many questions on their web site - hence my postings on this site!

Wish we'd moved before the kids were teenagers - timing the move to fit in with their exams etc. is a nightmare!! Anyone else in the same situation?

Bryher.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bryher is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Don for your help.

How are you finding Dunedin? Hoping to take alook at that area in August when we go out - house prices seem more reasonable, but not too sure about the weather (in winter)!

Bryher
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:52 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bryher
Many thanks Don for your help.

How are you finding Dunedin? Hoping to take alook at that area in August when we go out - house prices seem more reasonable, but not too sure about the weather (in winter)!

Bryher
Weather might be the biggest drawback for some. It compares to (say) Cornwall, probably a bit damper and hotter (winter and summer). If you want the sub-tropical weather, Dunedin is the wrong end of NZ but if you're not that fussed, its weather is at least a bit better than most or all of the UK.

I like it here, I feel it's a bit undersold.