Bird Flu

Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Bird Flu

From what i have read and heard on the news, it could be a devastating epidemic!!

I had to deal with Adelaide airports PR company today answering a question for a member on another forum, and was told that contracting it or bringing it in via international airports is low at the moment.

Still makes me feel a little uneasy considering we are very close to the areas already affected.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:49 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

And apparently it`s moving so fast because the wild birds are spreading it.... wild birds were dying in the air and dropping in Hong Kong.

I feel sorry for the birds.... where`s their anti-virus?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Well thats just cheered me up!!!...my daughter is staying overnight in Hong Kong on her way here
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

To date - no human occurrences.

the worry is that one of the seasonal flu viruses could mutate with the bird flu thing producing a sort of turbo nutter bastard flu, wiping out lots of old/frail people in one monster hit.

Not a pleasant thought.
Now is not the time for the likes of China to start going into denial about cases being reported.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:13 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

??? What kind of dark are they keeping you in ???

A few people in Asia have died already. Time it takes to kill you is 3 days. One Thai boy was playing with the chickens one sec and in hospital dying the next.

the worry is that one of the seasonal flu viruses could mutate with the bird flu thing producing a sort of turbo nutter bastard flu, wiping out lots of old/frail people in one monster hit.
Exactly what the geeks have been saying here.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS

Not a pleasant thought.
Now is not the time for the likes of China to start going into denial about cases being reported.
Not quite. Thailand has reported some human deaths from flu contracted from the birds. What the WHO is terrified of is the virus mutating into a form that will infect human to human. Apparently in that case SARS will seem like an easy to contain picnic.

Considering the number of flights via Bangkok, Malaysia and Singapore to Australia I would be listening to what they are saying. A vaccine is in development but the ETA is still a few months away.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:59 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Any effect on flight prices yet, well someone has to benefit. It may as well be me.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

I think the reality is, that once its starts to spread it will be impossible to stop it spreading. You cant stop birds flying across borders.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:30 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DavidT
Any effect on flight prices yet, well someone has to benefit. It may as well be me.

LOL - I had exactly the same thought. Should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:31 am
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
I think the reality is, that once its starts to spread it will be impossible to stop it spreading. You cant stop birds flying across borders.
dont worry, by next week it will be something else.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Well i do have to worry.... daughter and grandaughter coming via hong kong in 3 weeks time...

I not normally a worrier...i flew to NZ just after 9/11 no probs.. just worry about the little one...
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:35 am
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
Well i do have to worry.... daughter and grandaughter coming via hong kong in 3 weeks time...

I not normally a worrier...i flew to NZ just after 9/11 no probs.. just worry about the little one...
tha chances of catching one of these diseases has got to be less than winning the lottery in the morning and being struck by lightning the same afternoon.

dont worry.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ok boss
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:37 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got a stop in singapore this saturday. its not got out of control just yet though has it?

where can i get one of those little masks that people were wearing during SARS.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 11:52 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

what i saw on the news last night was just scary. they showed video footage of dead chickens which had been slaughtered to prevent the spread. These chickens were being thrown in to a pit in the ground by two guys who weren't even wearing gloves. Then one of the guys jumped in the pit and started stomping on the dead bodies to get more in the hole. He didn't have anything on his feet either.. not even boots!

scary!
:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.