Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ: Accredited Employers, info please

NZ: Accredited Employers, info please

Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default NZ: Accredited Employers, info please

Hi All

Its been a while since we wrote and now we r in the new year we are stepping up the work on getting to NZ.

I need some help and advice on the recent changes to the immigration process and the new skilled migrant category.

Due to my lack of qualification but large amount of experiance, the only way I can get into NZ would be with an accredited employer / union sponsor. The company I am still speaking with is Progressive who as you may know own over 50% of the retail stores. In the past, if I had a job offer from this compnay I would get my visa based on the talent visa category. Has this changed. I am going to email the NZ Immigration website, but thought someone maybe able to provide a quicker response.

For those who remember us, we are currently living with family in Wales after selling everything with the dream of moving to NZ. The option of a great job in Wales has now come up and very soon it will be decision time, live the dream in NZ or settle down back in Wales. I can tell you that we think of nothing else right now, and with the added stresses of living in a 3 bed cottage with 6 people and not having any stability, the stress levals are medium to high.

Hope you can help

Paul
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:13 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul

Yes the Talent Visa stream is still the same - would have been the one we went in on except police checks took too long and we ran out of time for a visa to be processed so now we are going out on a temp working visa (assuming that turns up in time!!)

Good luck with your plans.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like we will give it a go. What do u believe r the timelines. Our police checks r out of date now so will need new ones.

Paul
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:26 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

NZIS were saying about 6-8 weeks back at the begining of Dec BUT with the new SMC coming in, a lot of people are heading down the Work to Residence route so the imes are a lot longer now (hence is having to go on a temp)

It takes 40ish days for the Met Police checks (I am assuming the same goes for everywhere else as it is the same computer!) but this can vary wildly from a week to nearly 60 days.

Meds - a day then pick up X-rays the next

Allpow about a week or so for paperwork collection to support your application.