NVQ's

Old Jul 24th 2003, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVQ's

Hi All

Wonder if anyone on the board can shed any light on this ...

I completed an NVQ last week in Retail Operations. All about running a store etc etc etc etc etc etc

Do the Aussie employers recognise this qualification?

I hope they do - cos I just worked my tits off getting it done for leaving work last sunday!

Cheers

Anth
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

the only nvq recognised by the tra is level 3, where the training/work involved equates to 3 or 4 years on the job training.
I spoke to the tra on behalf of my son a furniture finisher who although paid as a tradesman at level 2 nvq is having to sit nvq level 3 in order to get a satisfactory skills assessment.
The guy at the tra said he had contacted city & guilds who run the nvq for a distinct definition of at what level does the applicant become a skilled tradesman and as of yet they have not bothered to return his call!!
Sorry
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:10 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Codgob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,I sent all my work certificates to AHC which included NVQ's,mines a level 3 in aircraft engineering and they accepted that,so you should be ok,it's a nationally recognised qualification so they should do,it's replaced the City &Guilds anyway hasn't it?
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont need to send mine off to Oz government - only interested for emplyoyment prospects

Cheers

Anth
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:46 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Codgob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by anthonykirby
I dont need to send mine off to Oz government - only interested for emplyoyment prospects

Cheers

Anth
Well if the AHC accepts them an employer sure should,that was my point badly put I know
Old Jul 24th 2003, 7:16 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Codgob
Well if the AHC accepts them an employer sure should,that was my point badly put I know

Nope AHC acceptance is no value when it comes to employment here - ask the electricans and plumbers on this board. Per employee per employment here and in most trades you need to requalify however much it means going back to school (or cost resitting exams). The kids here need to do a course (paid for by themselves to get a BK or MickyD job in food hygiene) to get part time employment - unless you are delivering newspapers (180 houses on avg 900sqrm plots on very up and down hills - takes him over 4 hours on his own cause he cannot carry that many) total paid after rolling them and putting in one insert $19 (yes we help).

Goodness I sound like PB (Public Boghole)...do not mean to but actually stating facts. I used to work any sort of bar work in the UK to get an edge even if I was a professional in my day time job. Not allowed here unless cause I have no bar qualifications!

Wish you the best - go for your personality getting a job and not your qualifications! I mean it (CV counts - interviews more)

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2003, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw an ad in The Adelaide Advertiser along the lines of "learn how to make a capuccino" course. If I remember correctly it cost 70 dollars with promises it would help you get work in the said field. Is it me!

Cheers

Elaine