Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NVQ qualification

NVQ qualification

Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future
Default NVQ qualification

I've searched and found out that my NVQ 2 in health and social care is the equivalent of an AQF level 3 so i'm pretty pleased about that.

My question is, do i have to take a course to get the AQF level 3 certificate or is my NVQ certificate recognised as it is?

Thanks
Laura
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

kurrikurri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NVQ qualification

When we first looked at the process I had an NVQ 3 in Admin and that was acceptable. But then the Oz government moved the goal posts and NVQ3 was not acceptable, but an NVQ 4 was. I had to sit an NVQ 4 management level (cost nearly £2,000) so we could get extra points. But we have an agent working with us and she is very good - but looks like NVQ are acceptable but may depend on the grade of it.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried ringing the High Commission in London I have heard they are really helpful and will answer your queries. Mind the phone call could be expensive £1 per min I think, but they are experts too.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee and Laura
I've searched and found out that my NVQ 2 in health and social care is the equivalent of an AQF level 3 so i'm pretty pleased about that.

My question is, do i have to take a course to get the AQF level 3 certificate or is my NVQ certificate recognised as it is?

Thanks
Laura
i suggest youk to an expert and they dont come much bettter than
this guy
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=8124
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future

I dont mean as an entry skill but towards a job when we get out there.

My husband will be the Visa holder
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:51 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee and Laura
I dont mean as an entry skill but towards a job when we get out there.

My husband will be the Visa holder
in my opinion then your best route would probably be a recruitment agency as trying to explain comparisions between uk and au qualifications to an prospective employer would be difficult to say the least
get a job via an agency for a short period letting them do all the checks etc and your next interview would be with au experiance ( which does seem to swing interviews ) and therfore much easier
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the suggestions and info guys

Agency sounds like a good option and does give some back up too for a newbie