Reload this Page >

NVQ level 4 Care Management

NVQ level 4 Care Management

Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:03 am
Just Joined

paulouise is on a distinguished road
Default NVQ level 4 Care Management

Hi
Can anyone tell me what i can apply for regarding residency with my qualifications.
We are coming over on a 457 which is sponsered by my husbands firm, but wish to get PR.
I hold NVQ4 Care Management & NVQ 3 Promoting Independance along with other relevant awards.
My job spec is so close to nursing but i am not a registered nurse!!
I work with vulnerable older people and have been in senior position for some years, can this be included to apply for auxillary nursing? if so how do i get registration
many thanks Louise
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:23 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NVQ level 4 Care Management

Originally Posted by paulouise
Hi
Can anyone tell me what i can apply for regarding residency with my qualifications.
We are coming over on a 457 which is sponsered by my husbands firm, but wish to get PR.
I hold NVQ4 Care Management & NVQ 3 Promoting Independance along with other relevant awards.
I work with vulnerable older people and have been in senior position for some years, can this be included to apply for auxillary nursing? if so how do i get registration
many thanks Louise

Louise,

From what I have come to understand of this process you cant apply as an auxiliary the postion doesnt exist. They have enrolled nurses which may be simalar to your occupatuion but its not on the list of skills for emmigration. Best thing to do is look on the list of occupations, and see if there is something that fits your criteria and skills etc. To go as a nurse you must be registered and practicing as a nurse and registered with the NMC in the uk. Might be worht speaking with a migration consultant and also post in the nursing and or immigration forum someone might be able to help on there.

Sorry

Justin
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:46 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulouise
Hi
many thanks Louise
Jobs in line with your qualifications I think would likely include: carer in a retirement home or community services organisation that services seniors.
Make sure you bring copies of the subjects you studied ( course outlines).

To get into nursing here you can either enrol in a 2yr course in 'enrolled nursing' at a local TAFE (similar to polytech). Upon completion you can then articulate to registered nurse status by doing a further year at university. Or you can decide to remain an enrolled nurse. You could also apply directly to university to do the whole 3yr nursing degree but I doubt you would get any advanced standing from what you have already studied as it is not a medical course as such.

You possibly may need to also take senior secondary school level biology at a senior (adult) college to get into nursing.

Hope that helps
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:01 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

if your hubby's company are sponsoring him cant he get skills assessed? if so surely you would get pr as his spouse automatically.
ofcourse if you need extra points you would have to look at ways to get them

btw...you would be able to get a post with silver chain im sure.....have a look at their website
www.silverchain.org.au
its my first day there today as an rn!..wish me luck!