Nvq 3

Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Nvq 3

Hi all

I'm looking at my options and really need to hear from someone who's successfully applied for a PR visa using NVQ 3 as their assessed qualification. Hopefully someone who like me did not attend College/Uni etc to obtain it. Finding this all very hard going and continually making excuses not to make the first step and looking at why my NVQ will fail to make the grade.

Someone must have obtained a visa using NVQ 3 or at least had a positive assessment from VETASSESS using one?????

As much detail as possible please as I really need to know if I stand a chance

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Mar 4th 2006 at 11:36 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:12 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all
Default Re: Nvq 3

My TRA results are over-due. But Im in the same boat. My qualifications are NVQ level 2 and 3 in Printing (aka City and Guids 5260 and 5156). They show that Im qualified in the trade that I do, which is enough. But I'll let you know my results when they finaly arrive
Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:18 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
My TRA results are over-due. But Im in the same boat. My qualifications are NVQ level 2 and 3 in Printing (aka City and Guids 5260 and 5156). They show that Im qualified in the trade that I do, which is enough. But I'll let you know my results when they finaly arrive

Hairdresser NVQ2 with Customer Care NVQ3 got me (us) in on PR.

No doubt you'll hear something soon.

And to the original poster: I did go to college to get the qualifications, but only 1 day a week. Surely a qualification doesn't matter where it was achieved aslong as you've got it.

Marie
Old Mar 5th 2006, 2:29 am
Just Joined

helpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant future

Look i would not be too bothered about your nvq3. It is all in the presentation of your qualifications and work experience - if you write it up well and cast your self in a positive light then that will improve your chances. Don't forget, a skills assessment is only way of getting in to australia - there are other visa programmes you can follow if the goal is to get to Oz.

I am more than happy to help .
Cheers
Andy Sinclair-Ford
www.sf-migration-australia.co.uk

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi all

I'm looking at my options and really need to hear from someone who's successfully applied for a PR visa using NVQ 3 as their assessed qualification. Hopefully someone who like me did not attend College/Uni etc to obtain it. Finding this all very hard going and continually making excuses not to make the first step and looking at why my NVQ will fail to make the grade.

Someone must have obtained a visa using NVQ 3 or at least had a positive assessment from VETASSESS using one?????

Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Hi all

Hiya

I've got an NVQ3 in Business Administration and that got me a PR visa. I did it at college but they only want to see your certificates so it doesn't really matter! Try not to worry about it!

Good luck!

Jo
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helpwithvisa
Look i would not be too bothered about your nvq3. It is all in the presentation of your qualifications and work experience - if you write it up well and cast your self in a positive light then that will improve your chances. Don't forget, a skills assessment is only way of getting in to australia - there are other visa programmes you can follow if the goal is to get to Oz.

I am more than happy to help .
Cheers
Andy Sinclair-Ford
www.sf-migration-australia.co.uk

You make it sound so easy! I've been in touch with a rep from VETASSESS and she thought I should be ok, but issues over where/how it was done caused me concern . Not sure how or even if to proceed.
Thanks for the offer of help but sounds like it'll cost lol
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 68MEVY

And to the original poster: I did go to college to get the qualifications, but only 1 day a week. Surely a qualification doesn't matter where it was achieved aslong as you've got it.

Marie
My issue was that my NVQ assessor is virtually uncontactable and she arranged workshops and helped me along with obtaining my NVQ, I'd have to reply on her to provide supporting evidence and I think she'd let me down badly. I don't know how far VETASSESS will need to dig to be satisfied that the qualification is up to their standards.
I wish it was as easy as show your certificates and that's it, if I'd done the one day a week for a few days is a college then no problems, but things are never that straight forward
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marcopolo

Many thanks for replying, yeah please keep me/us informed
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 68MEVY

Marie
Well my contact from VETASSESS says I have to evidence that my qualification is equivalent to a full time 2 year course, not sure how I can do that I'd rely on others for that who so far have proved unreliable
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Well my contact from VETASSESS says I have to evidence that my qualification is equivalent to a full time 2 year course, not sure how I can do that I'd rely on others for that who so far have proved unreliable
Is the course still being ran at the college now?? If it is then give them a ring and ask them for the breakdown of the hours, plus send you the prospectus - you can then pull out the info you need to use as evidence.

I am presuming that you completed a 2yr course though??
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Is the course still being ran at the college now?? If it is then give them a ring and ask them for the breakdown of the hours, plus send you the prospectus - you can then pull out the info you need to use as evidence.

I am presuming that you completed a 2yr course though??

No qualifaction was obtained through work, all arranged with NVQ assessor, who is now no longer employed by my work...so not so stright forward

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Mar 5th 2006 at 9:25 am.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

No qualifaction was obtained through work, all arranged with NVQ assessor, who has now no longer employed by my work...so not so stright forward
Get in touch with the board that is on your certificate and ring them. They will tell you how many hours qualifies you for the NVQ. They may also put something together for you too.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:38 am
Just Joined

helpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant future

Yes,

there would be cost involved but not as much as you might think. On my website I give an indication of price - for skilled migration generally between 1,000 - 1,400 (pounds sterling) and that is visa application and not per person. Have a look at the Migration Agents Registration Authority Website at the following link. It tells you how much agents generally charge.

I have noticed my website is not working tonight, but it should be sorted out by tomorrow.

I know all about coming to Oz as we moved here in 2000 when I left the Police. If i can offer any advice, just ask.

here's the link to the MARA site:
http://www.themara.com.au/Online/Def...&ArticleID=429

Cheers

Andy Sinclair-Ford
sf-migration-australia.co.uk

You make it sound so easy! I've been in touch with a rep from VETASSESS and she thought I should be ok, but issues over where/how it was done caused me concern . Not sure how or even if to proceed.
Thanks for the offer of help but sounds like it'll cost lol
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:48 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

No qualifaction was obtained through work, all arranged with NVQ assessor, who is now no longer employed by my work...so not so stright forward
Hi,
My husband's NVQ L3 in Control room Opps was approved by Vetassess in just over 2 weeks. Like yours he obtained the qualification through work. I think that when filling in the forms he wrote down that it took 2 years to complete.

To be safe why don't you do the skills assessment through an agent (Ian Harrop and associates are excellent) and do the main application yourself. We would have failed the skills assessment without them as we were going to nominate Safety Inspector but apparently an NVQ L3 is not a sufficient qualification to support this profession. We were advised to nominated Metallurgical and Materials Technician and were successful.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck
ACE
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi,
My husband's NVQ L3 in Control room Opps was approved by Vetassess in just over 2 weeks. Like yours he obtained the qualification through work. I think that when filling in the forms he wrote down that it took 2 years to complete.

To be safe why don't you do the skills assessment through an agent (Ian Harrop and associates are excellent) and do the main application yourself. We would have failed the skills assessment without them as we were going to nominate Safety Inspector but apparently an NVQ L3 is not a sufficient qualification to support this profession. We were advised to nominated Metallurgical and Materials Technician and were successful.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck
ACE
Mine took about 4 years to complete, think this was more down to me not wanting to do it now about to start NVQ4 have no idea why.
Can you please find out if he just put down that it took 2 years or if he required additional evidence???
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.