Nursing in oz.........

Nursing in oz.........

Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

browsking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing in oz.........

Hi Folks,

MY FIRST POST!!!!!!!!

I work as a senior (ish!) nurse here in the UK and make around £30k pa...Live in a 2 bedroomed cottage with the family (wife and two small ones). Thinking about taking the plunge probably to N Queensland. My wife makes £350 pm, we have no serious debts other than 60K mortgage and £100 pm CC bill..we still struggle every month...........If I move and make 58,000 oz dollars a year and my wife stays at home are we gonna be any better off?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:42 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing in oz.........

Originally Posted by browsking
Hi Folks,

MY FIRST POST!!!!!!!!

I work as a senior (ish!) nurse here in the UK and make around £30k pa...Live in a 2 bedroomed cottage with the family (wife and two small ones). Thinking about taking the plunge probably to N Queensland. My wife makes £350 pm, we have no serious debts other than 60K mortgage and £100 pm CC bill..we still struggle every month...........If I move and make 58,000 oz dollars a year and my wife stays at home are we gonna be any better off?
Depends how much cash you make on your present house to put down on a house here as that makes a big difference and how extravagantly you want to live.

Go for PR visa plenty of jobs around and you need to go to this Nurse specific part of forum to get most Nurse replies... http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=72
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

browsking is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.....nursing thread looks good..Should make £30K to take with us........Will we manage?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:13 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by browsking
Thanks.....nursing thread looks good..Should make £30K to take with us........Will we manage?
If you can keep at least half of that that's still about $40,000 to put down on house here to keep mortgage small.