Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nursing interviews

nursing interviews

Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

jofir07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing interviews

hi does anyone have any information on what questions are likely to be asked at an interview. I have an interview in sept for townsville and would apprieciate any information regarding interview questions.
thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: nursing interviews

Hi
you wouldbe better asking this in the nursing forum. Maybe a nice mod could move it.

I had an interview with townsville and they were verrrry nice and friendly asked questions about drug management how I had made a difference drug errors stuff like that. Though mine was for a new grad position so the questions would be easier.

For ramsey health I was asked scenerio questions which for some reason I aced but also answered in a more out of the box way the interview said but that could be due to my age.

Dont worry you will do fine. What branch is it?

Avril
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Try doing an advanced search & narrowing it down to only the nurses forum as there are plenty of previous threads!
Had two interviews with QLD health myself. They were big on the scenario questions. They were also both quite friendly. Just be prepared for the possibilty of a slight time delay which can be quite unnerving.
Good luck
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avi
Hi
you wouldbe better asking this in the nursing forum. Maybe a nice mod could move it.

I had an interview with townsville and they were verrrry nice and friendly asked questions about drug management how I had made a difference drug errors stuff like that. Though mine was for a new grad position so the questions would be easier.

For ramsey health I was asked scenerio questions which for some reason I aced but also answered in a more out of the box way the interview said but that could be due to my age.

Dont worry you will do fine. What branch is it?

Avril
thanks for your reply, my interview is face to face with the director of nursing so i am very nervous. are you working near townsville at the moment?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:32 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
no I have my final exam on 4th sept so revising for fun decorating house 2 sell but fingers crossed will be there around jan feb next year.

Avril
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Try doing an advanced search & narrowing it down to only the nurses forum as there are plenty of previous threads!
Had two interviews with QLD health myself. They were big on the scenario questions. They were also both quite friendly. Just be prepared for the possibilty of a slight time delay which can be quite unnerving.
Good luck
hi thanks for your reply, how long have you been working in oz, i am terrified about interview as it is face to face. any information would be apprieciated. do you have family out there with you if so what are the schools like in northern queensland.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Been out since Nov last year, so not all that long really. We have some very good schools & some not so good schools up here in Cairns...much like the UK I guess!
Is your interview in Aus or UK? Where are you hoping to work?
I had a face to face interview in London when we very first started the visa process. It was for Adelaide & obviously we changed our destination in the end but the interview was very relaxed & friendly.
There are distinct advantages with face to face too. The lack of non-verbal feedback in a telephone interview is very hard.
You'll be fine, remember, they want you!