nursing in aus

Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

sally p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing in aus

could anybody help me i am a registered nurse who only qualified feb 2007 i would like to know would it be better to apply directly to the hospital or go through agencies for jobs, we are wanting to go to melbourne, would i have any problems i am 43 yrs.We would like to come on a working visa if that is possible as we have decided we want a total change from the same routine, our children are grown up so thought it would be a good oppotunity. thankyou
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing in aus

We knew you would arrive soon Sally so we started a forum especially for nurses.
Tis here me ansome http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Won't be long for a nurse or two is along to help you but in the meantime welcome
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:52 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sally p
could anybody help me i am a registered nurse who only qualified feb 2007 i would like to know would it be better to apply directly to the hospital or go through agencies for jobs, we are wanting to go to melbourne, would i have any problems i am 43 yrs.We would like to come on a working visa if that is possible as we have decided we want a total change from the same routine, our children are grown up so thought it would be a good oppotunity. thankyou
hi Sally and welcome to the forum

Us nurse's have our own section as Bix as shown so you could post your question in that section.

You wll have no problems with your age getting in , the 'cut off' is 45 years

As for applying , i am not really sure as i have gone through it all by myself on a PR 136 visa.

The one thing i will say though is be careful if you are gong through a sponsership visa as you may end up working at a hosiptal you don't like and will be stuck in a contract.

Good luck xx
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

Hubby got his job applying directly to the health trust by sending his CV as expression of interest. Also applied via an agency. We sent them to perth, southern health in melbourne and queensland health. All 3 got back to him very quickly offering interviews. He also had an interview set-up by the recruitment agency.

He took 2 phone interviews, had 2 job offers from those then we had to choose! Didn't complete the interviews for Perth or Queensland as already had the 2 offers.

Came to melbourne on a 457 in november and they will sponsor us for ENS after 3 mth probation period. This job was directly through the health trust. They have a nursing support unit set up to assist with the process and to act as a liason and support. They sent someone to meet us at the airport too and provided some advice and assistance with finding rental accommodation, acted as referrees for the rental etc. Were pretty good, but unfortunately no contribution towards the rental! LOL

Hubby had enough experience to apply for 136 at the time but we decided to come and work here for a while to see how we liked it. We love it and will definately apply for ENS once sponsorship is done!

good luck

sarah

Last edited by andysarah; Jan 14th 2008 at 11:45 pm.