Nursing

Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

pinklady1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing

I hopefully qualify in a year as a qualified registered nurse. I am wanting to come to australia to work for a year or two or longer depending on how things pan out for me but will come with no experience.

Does anyone know how I can go about this? I know recently Australia has let in qualified nurses with no experience.

If anyone has info, it would be muchly apprecitated.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

simon and jenean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

Hi
I'm sure I've read about people planning to come out once they are newly qualified, but can't tell you the route. There is a specific forum for nurses (on this site), which covers other countries but tends to be dominated by Oz. Try searching on that aswell (if you haven't already).
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

I'm a newly qualified midwife going over with no experience so it can be done. Depending on when you plan to get there I'd do a bit of research regarding which state/area you want to go to and search the hospitals in that area. Send them your cv etc and see what happens!!

The hospital I was interested in was actually advertising on their site for staff so I just sent along my CV and covering letter, had a telephone interview and have been offered a full time position . I'm going on a 4 yr temp sponsorship visa, I'm pretty sure that this is the only way to get there without any experience, (someone'll put me right if i'm not!!) and its a quick way to get there

I would definitley check out the 'nursing' forum as there's lots of good advice on there for you.

Hope this helps x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pinklady1982
I hopefully qualify in a year as a qualified registered nurse. I am wanting to come to australia to work for a year or two or longer depending on how things pan out for me but will come with no experience.

Does anyone know how I can go about this? I know recently Australia has let in qualified nurses with no experience.

If anyone has info, it would be muchly apprecitated.
Hi, my OH is already there as a newly qualified nurse, arrived about 2 days ago, should start work in about a week!

There are graduate programs in most if not all of the state health authorities, or (as my wife did) just apply to the hospitals direct in the areas you want to go to.

If you have any specific Questions please pm me or, if you do a search for posts/threads by Wannabaussienurse, this may give you some insight to our process, and the questions we came up with. Unfortunately she is not online at the mo as she has not been able to sort out internet access yet!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Location: Newcastle upon tyne/Harrogate-- soon to be Townsville in July!
kookaburra_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by windog
Hi, my OH is already there as a newly qualified nurse, arrived about 2 days ago, should start work in about a week!

There are graduate programs in most if not all of the state health authorities, or (as my wife did) just apply to the hospitals direct in the areas you want to go to.

If you have any specific Questions please pm me or, if you do a search for posts/threads by Wannabaussienurse, this may give you some insight to our process, and the questions we came up with. Unfortunately she is not online at the mo as she has not been able to sort out internet access yet!
I would strongly advise the above too. Most hospitals in Australia recruit newly qualified nurses and do excellent perceptorship/graduate programmes. you will receive more support in Aus as a newly qualified, as opposed to the UK.
i only just qualified as an adult nurse in March this year- i applied for two jobs (one in sydney and one in townsville). i had phone interviews in november 2006. The phone interviews were quite professional yet pleasant. I got offered both jobs pending whether i passed the course or not.

So, months later i'm off to Townsville, QLD a week on monday. My employers sponsored me ( which has enabled me to get permanent residence) too which is typical of lots of nurses going over to Australia If you need any help regarding phone interviews , what kinds of Q's they ask, or anything at all i'll be more than happy to help.
KB