Nurses Jobs

Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

DONBEN is on a distinguished road
Question Nurses Jobs

ANY TIPS ON GETTING A JOB IN NURSING FROM OVER IN ENGLAND.HOPING TO GO TO PERTH IN FEB 2005 AND WOULD LIKE A JOB BEFORE I GO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICIATED THANKS
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses Jobs

Originally Posted by DONBEN
ANY TIPS ON GETTING A JOB IN NURSING FROM OVER IN ENGLAND.HOPING TO GO TO PERTH IN FEB 2005 AND WOULD LIKE A JOB BEFORE I GO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICIATED THANKS
Try sending your CV to several hospitals in the area and see what they say. Most will respond.
Try to avoid agencies if possible. Nurses with visas should get work easily enough.
Sorry I know very little about WA so can't give you addresses but I am sure someone can

Good luck

G
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Any reputable agencies like Affinity (who I am with and cannot fault) and Geneva are an excellant way in to the job market and for support also.
I first contacted Affinity for a sponsored position early August - now have my registration (NBV) and have a job interview tomorrow over the phone.
Agencies such as these tell you what to do and when to do it. Also great for those daft and not-so-daft questions we all have; as well as general help and support
Good luck, remember that a lot of your nurse-specific questions can be answered by looking at the 'Nurses forum'
Cas
ps CAPITALS = shouting!!
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we were considering moving to perth (other half is a nurse) and you might find this link useful.

http://www.health.wa.gov.au/

Melbournebound

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Any reputable agencies like Affinity (who I am with and cannot fault) and Geneva are an excellant way in to the job market and for support also.
I first contacted Affinity for a sponsored position early August - now have my registration (NBV) and have a job interview tomorrow over the phone.
Agencies such as these tell you what to do and when to do it. Also great for those daft and not-so-daft questions we all have; as well as general help and support
Good luck, remember that a lot of your nurse-specific questions can be answered by looking at the 'Nurses forum'
Cas
ps CAPITALS = shouting!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:05 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Try sending your CV to several hospitals in the area and see what they say. Most will respond.
Try to avoid agencies if possible. Nurses with visas should get work easily enough.
Sorry I know very little about WA so can't give you addresses but I am sure someone can

Good luck

G
Hi Grayling,

I was just wondering why you recommend avoiding agencies?

Cheers,
Tony.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I was going to ask Grayling that too. My husband got his permanent contract in mental health nursing through Geneva Health, and we cannot reccomend them highly enough. He was offered this job after only doing a telephone interview and had a start date before we left NZ. They also arranged 1 months free accomodation at the nurses residence to make the first few weeks easier for us.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:47 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
I was going to ask Grayling that too. My husband got his permanent contract in mental health nursing through Geneva Health, and we cannot reccomend them highly enough. He was offered this job after only doing a telephone interview and had a start date before we left NZ. They also arranged 1 months free accomodation at the nurses residence to make the first few weeks easier for us.
A friend of mine went out to Aus with a job she got through Geneva. She can't recommend them highly enough either. Hmmmm.....most odd.....
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

My Mrs did agency work to for our first two years in Aus & again they were fantastic.
Maybe Graylings had a bad experience with them.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I came to NZ through a job set up by GenevaHealth. They were excellent.

Gill
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Grayling,

I was just wondering why you recommend avoiding agencies?

Cheers,
Tony.
Several people have had bad experiences with agencies.
Every job I have been offered has been a result of approaching employers directly. Also most health jobs are advertised on the internet so it is not difficult to apply.

Agencies are OK if you have PR and are looking for a permanent job. However if you are working for an agency or on a temporary visa then you must be very careful.
They are mostly interested in easy to place place Level 1 nurses and this may not be appropriate.
I have never had a bad experience but some have.

Here is an example:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256197

G

Last edited by Grayling; Oct 5th 2004 at 7:13 am.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Try this out.

http://www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au/
They were great with us.