who dun it????

Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Talking who dun it????

ok, who was it??????

"Scare due to vibrating sex toy shuts down Brisbane airport for an hour

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - A scare triggered by a vibrating sex toy shut down a major Australian regional airport for almost an hour Monday, police said.
The vibrating object was discovered Monday morning inside a garbage can at the terminal cafeteria at Mackay Airport in Queensland state, a police spokeswoman said.
Cafeteria manager Lynne Bryant said her staff had been cleaning tables when they noticed a strange humming noise coming from the garbage can.
"It was rather disconcerting when the rubbish bin started humming furiously,'' Bryant said. "We called security and next minute everybody was being evacuated while they checked it out.''

The police spokeswoman said the terminal was evacuated immediately.

Passengers who had arrived on a recent flight, check-in staff, cafeteria employees and hire car personnel were all forced to leave. "Another two flights were expected to land at that stage but alternate arrangements were made for the passengers to collect their luggage away from the terminal,'' the spokeswoman said on the usual condition of anonymity.

She said the emergency alert was canceled after 45 minutes when the package was identified as an adult sex toy. Bryant said in retrospect, the humming sounded exactly like a vibrator, but it was better to be safe then sorry. "You can't afford to take chances,'' Bryant said. - AP

Latest from AP-Wire"
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: who dun it????

Originally Posted by sunny side up
ok, who was it??????

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - A scare triggered by a vibrating sex toy shut down a major Australian regional airport for almost an hour Monday, police said.
The vibrating object was discovered Monday morning inside a garbage can at the terminal cafeteria at Mackay Airport in Queensland state, a police spokeswoman said.
Cafeteria manager Lynne Bryant said her staff had been cleaning tables when they noticed a strange humming noise coming from the garbage can.
"It was rather disconcerting when the rubbish bin started humming furiously,'' Bryant said. "We called security and next minute everybody was being evacuated while they checked it out.''

Passengers who had arrived on a recent flight, check-in staff, cafeteria employees and hire car personnel were all forced to leave. "Another two flights were expected to land at that stage but alternate arrangements were made for the passengers to collect their luggage away from the terminal,'' the spokeswoman said on the usual condition of anonymity.

She said the emergency alert was canceled after 45 minutes when the package was identified as an adult sex toy. Bryant said in retrospect, the humming sounded exactly like a vibrator, but it was better to be safe then sorry. "You can't afford to take chances,'' Bryant said. - AP

Latest from AP-Wire"
OMG Do you think someone got cold feet at the thought of getting their bags checked? Can't think of any other reason why it would end up in the bin
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

nor me....my god, what to do on these rainy nights....
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:47 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

If its florecent green.....vibrates at 600 rpm .......and says PUK2OZ.....it's got nothing to do with me

Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I put a post on with a link to this story when it hit the BBC 2 days back....and everyone went very quiet! Lots of guilty consciences out there...... come on, who has emigrated to Mackay recently????

(by the way I have so far had no less than EIGHT e-mails from friends back in the UK asking if we have moved further north....!!!! )
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunny side up
ok, who was it??????

Latest from AP-Wire"
I had a similar experience while on a cruise ship - red-faced cabin steward brought my bag which was making a vibrating noise - he literally threw my bag into cabin and ran - he obviously thought it was a sex toy - but I knew it was just my lady-shaver - didn't let on though, poor 'boy' couldn't look me in the eye after that!!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I had a similar experience while on a cruise ship - red-faced cabin steward brought my bag which was making a vibrating noise - he literally threw my bag into cabin and ran - he obviously thought it was a sex toy - but I knew it was just my lady-shaver - didn't let on though, poor 'boy' couldn't look me in the eye after that!!
What, you mean you didn't go up to him later and announce in a loud voice, 'Oh by the way, that vibrating thing in my luggage wasn't a sex toy just in case you were wondering! By the way, when's lunch being served?!'

Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
What, you mean you didn't go up to him later and announce in a loud voice, 'Oh by the way, that vibrating thing in my luggage wasn't a sex toy just in case you were wondering! By the way, when's lunch being served?!'

No way! - just let him think the worst - or best - depending on your point of view!!