Nurses

Old Oct 12th 2010, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

lovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nice
Default Nurses

Any Nurses on this forumn who made the huge move? I am an Oncology nurse but all the jobs seems to be for ICU and mental health Nurses. I am heading out in April for a holiday to Brisbane and Adelaide.
Would like to hear your experiences on the process etc.

Chow
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice
Default Re: Nurses

hey, im in the middle of trying to find a job and hopefully have one in the next few days!! i would start the process now and most definatly start registration documents as its taking around about 3 months to get!!

hope you do well
Old Oct 13th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lovelylisa
Any Nurses on this forumn who made the huge move? I am an Oncology nurse but all the jobs seems to be for ICU and mental health Nurses. I am heading out in April for a holiday to Brisbane and Adelaide.
Would like to hear your experiences on the process etc.

Chow
Hi, you are me! We are heading to Brisbane in April, I currently work in Oncology/Haematology. I have emailled a few agencies and they have said there is plenty of work for someone with my experience. I plan to apply for my registration in Dec/Jan. I am NZ registered and UK registered. I am a New Zealander and my husband is British.
Good luck.
Angela

P.S. 3 months to get your registration in Australia sounds like a dream....took nearly a year to get my UK registration!

Last edited by baker4; Oct 13th 2010 at 3:04 am. Reason: forgot to add something
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this part of the forum...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

There are often a lot more jobs than are advertised, so it is worth submitting an expression of interest with QLD health. I am sure SA will have something similar on their job website too.

Good luck
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

vicstick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, on the theme of nursing registration, I am a UK trained nurse with NZ registration and am moving to Perth on my husbands 457 visa next year (once immigration completed). Does anyone know how easy it is to apply for trans mutual recognition with the WA nursing board?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicstick
Hello, on the theme of nursing registration, I am a UK trained nurse with NZ registration and am moving to Perth on my husbands 457 visa next year (once immigration completed). Does anyone know how easy it is to apply for trans mutual recognition with the WA nursing board?
My husband registered for NSW under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition agreement a couple of years back and it was very straightforward indeed. Not sure if it's the same for WA- check it out:

http://www.nmbwa.org.au/3/2108/50/in...z_applicant.pm
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
My husband registered for NSW under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition agreement a couple of years back and it was very straightforward indeed. Not sure if it's the same for WA- check it out:

http://www.nmbwa.org.au/3/2108/50/in...z_applicant.pm
Registration covers all of Australia now, since July this year I think, before this it was state to state.

Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicstick
It can be done, or you could seek registration based on your UK training (especially if you keep current your UK registration).

What's the plan to get a permanent visa, assuming you don't want to be forced to leave.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Baker4 is correct in that registration is now statewide rather than individual states. Once you're registered you have to prove that you've done 20 hours of study in your area (could be reflective stuff, teaching etc) so make sure you've all got that up to date. There are always heaps of jobs going for nurses, I got one very easy when I arrived in Australia and in fact I did my interview over the phone while I was in the UK so I arrived and then could start the following week.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:43 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baker4
Registration covers all of Australia now, since July this year I think, before this it was state to state.

Oops, I'm so sorry for rubbish information, I didn't realise that
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:55 am
---

Still looks pretty straightforward for NZ registered nurses:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Forms.aspx
Old Oct 31st 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by baker4

Sorry, every state except for WA....!

WA still need to catch up with rest of Australia, if you want to work in WA you will have to register with the WA nursing board!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

I work in allied health around Brisbane and the gold Coast and I cant speak for other states but Qld Health is a croc of shit. Loads of jobs coz they cant fill them and once they do with unsuspecting UK nurses they dont stay long before they head back.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
I work in allied health around Brisbane and the gold Coast and I cant speak for other states but Qld Health is a croc of shit. Loads of jobs coz they cant fill them and once they do with unsuspecting UK nurses they dont stay long before they head back.
I agree it is not perfect but I don't think it is any worse than the NHS! I guess it all depends upon your personal experience.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

I suppose it is on personal experience and where you are in Qld. For my experience the NHS is far better and the nursing staff are far more professional. You dont have to go to a prvate or public hosital or a hospital that can deal with your specific needs in the UK. You go in and they generally deal with everything under one roof. UK hospitals dont send you away either if non life threateing conditions need to be treated. Pt's here in Qld and I suppose Australia in general are told to go private if they presented at a public hospital and for example need a hip op. At least you would go on the waiting list and get it done without paying thousands. To many people slag of the NHS and its only when you dont have access to it that you realise what a great service it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.