Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nurse in training needs advice

Nurse in training needs advice

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:18 am
Just Joined

nick carter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse in training needs advice

hi wonder if anyone out there could help me we are interested in moving to australia but have left it a bit late in life. OH is time served plumber owning his own buisness for last 20 years but is 45 this year, having looked into it and seeing the vetassess hassle and then retraining and low wages of plumbers in oz we decided against going on his skills as i am training to be a nurse we thought we would wait till i am qualified and then go, problem is i will be 45 two months BEFORE i qualify. Can i apply for visa before finishing my Bsc, or do i need to wait till after i qualify in which case i will be 45 and not eligable, I want to go down the graduation route after qualifing but my two kids will still be only 10 and 13 so i do not want to go over on a temporary visa and then have to return after they have settled. any advice gratefully accepted

ps wanted to move to perth as i have a sister and nieces who live there
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nurse in training needs advice

Originally Posted by nick carter
hi wonder if anyone out there could help me we are interested in moving to australia but have left it a bit late in life. OH is time served plumber owning his own buisness for last 20 years but is 45 this year, having looked into it and seeing the vetassess hassle and then retraining and low wages of plumbers in oz we decided against going on his skills as i am training to be a nurse we thought we would wait till i am qualified and then go, problem is i will be 45 two months BEFORE i qualify. Can i apply for visa before finishing my Bsc, or do i need to wait till after i qualify in which case i will be 45 and not eligable, I want to go down the graduation route after qualifing but my two kids will still be only 10 and 13 so i do not want to go over on a temporary visa and then have to return after they have settled. any advice gratefully accepted

ps wanted to move to perth as i have a sister and nieces who live there
You need to qualify before you can apply so that will put you over the age limit. What you can do is apply on your husbands qualifications now. Once he gets PR he doesn't actually have to work as a plumber when he gets here if he doesn't want to. There are other visas that you can come on over the age of 45 but I dont know much about them, sorry. Try posting on the nursing forum.
Tracie