Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Nurses Pay Award

NSW Nurses Pay Award

Old Dec 29th 2002, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSW Nurses Pay Award

Thought any nurses out there might like to know that NSW nurses have been awarded a 10% pay increase from 1st January 2003, so a newly qualified registered nurse working full time (38 hours) will be paid $638.50 per week and a nurse qualified for 8 years will get $896.60 per week gross. Then there is a further agreement for an extra 5% on top to be awarded from 1st July 2003, so the nurses here are pretty happy about that at the moment. We can't do anything about the increasing workloads and staff shortages, but its good that the government are seeking to bring the nurses wages up to a level with other public sector workers. We've been here 4 weeks and I've already got a pay rise! God bless Australia!
Sue
Old Dec 29th 2002, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Nurses Pay Award

Originally posted by SueandIan
Thought any nurses out there might like to know that NSW nurses have been awarded a 10% pay increase from 1st January 2003, so a newly qualified registered nurse working full time (38 hours) will be paid $638.50 per week and a nurse qualified for 8 years will get $896.60 per week gross. Then there is a further agreement for an extra 5% on top to be awarded from 1st July 2003, so the nurses here are pretty happy about that at the moment. We can't do anything about the increasing workloads and staff shortages, but its good that the government are seeking to bring the nurses wages up to a level with other public sector workers. We've been here 4 weeks and I've already got a pay rise! God bless Australia!
Sue
I like it,

GOD BLESS AUSTRALIA...
Old Dec 29th 2002, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Excellent news for you all, still doesn't seem much, it definately isn't comparable to Uk NHS salaries is it?

Do you think you will still be able to have a better lifestyle though due to the lower cost of living in Oz?
I know some people on this site feel that it isn't much cheaper to live out there, what have you found?

Congrats anyway - you deserve it.

Tina
Old Dec 29th 2002, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Excellent news for you all, still doesn't seem much, it definately isn't comparable to Uk NHS salaries is it?

Do you think you will still be able to have a better lifestyle though due to the lower cost of living in Oz?
I know some people on this site feel that it isn't much cheaper to live out there, what have you found?

Congrats anyway - you deserve it.

Tina
Hi there,

Are you getting paid the London Weighting on your salary as this will not be comparable to the rest of the UK,

Better lifestyle... well if you buy your house for cash outright and have the same in savings is that comparable to the UK...

We are paying £1260.70 in council tax (rates) a year, is that comparable...

Best of Luck,

Scoobydoo in the sun soon.

Last edited by scoobydooathome; Dec 29th 2002 at 3:42 pm.