Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For Novice Fisherpeople of Australia

For Novice Fisherpeople of Australia

Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:03 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default For Novice Fisherpeople of Australia

Hi

Me and My simpsons fishing rod are becoming adept at losing whole loaves of bread and other bait to the various water wildlife in our estuary without any of them being kind enough to ensnare themselves on my baited hook...

But... they need to rethink... they should be scared....

There is a good video/dvd on the front of one of the fishing mags that is $4.40 called Basic Bait Fishing , its pretty cool teaches Jetty / Beach / RockWall fishing and bait rigging etc.

Since others have posted about being newbie fisherpeople go out and spend $4.40 on the mag its good. You'll be eating fishfingers (instead of with fishy fingers) within days.....
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:47 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For Novice Fisherpeople of Australia

Dagboy's latest catch from the weekend before last at Teewah (the ruler says 35cms btw).

Hopefully more to come now that our boat is finally fixed
Attached Thumbnails For Novice Fisherpeople of Australia-bream.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:17 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by spalen
Hi

Me and My simpsons fishing rod are becoming adept at losing whole loaves of bread and other bait to the various water wildlife in our estuary without any of them being kind enough to ensnare themselves on my baited hook...

There is a good video/dvd on the front of one of the fishing mags that is $4.40 called Basic Bait Fishing , its pretty cool teaches Jetty / Beach / RockWall fishing and bait rigging etc.

Since others have posted about being newbie fisherpeople go out and spend $4.40 on the mag its good. You'll be eating fishfingers (instead of with fishy fingers) within days.....
lol

10 years ago, I caught a fish on my first go with a stick, line and a piece of bread. Since then, nothing...

Badge

Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:24 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Dagboy's latest catch from the weekend before last at Teewah (the ruler says 35cms btw).

Hopefully more to come now that our boat is finally fixed
Thats the bait sorted
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:36 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Hi

I thought it was great,after a few weeks one day i caught 3 fish one after another! hubbys face was a picture only problem was not too sure how to kill them after catching or how to prepare them for cooking so put them back in a tad dazed !!!!!

Donna.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:54 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
I thought it was great,after a few weeks one day i caught 3 fish one after another! hubbys face was a picture only problem was not too sure how to kill them after catching or how to prepare them for cooking so put them back in a tad dazed !!!!!

Donna.
Donna,
I've the easiest of way's.

1, Put them in refrigerator (they should be dead by then, since they need water to "breath" in.
2, Take them to a restaurant and ask them to cook them for you.

Remember you caught them, so hubby can Pay!

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:06 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You do what now !! Eat them ? Kill Them ? Jeez barbarians the lot of you.

I smooth the barbs out on the hooks so I dont hurt the poor things when i throw them back (gently).

Spalen (becoming tree hugger , embracing mother earth, but only so long as 4* is less than $1.20 then Im eating those feckun fish and putting my McDonalds money in the fuel tank)