Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia- A deskilling Process

Australia- A deskilling Process

Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:49 pm
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough
Default Australia- A deskilling Process

HAs any one found that many years of experience and knowledge sometimes falls on deaf ears in Aus.

Its almost as though you made it up and have to start at the beginning.

20 years in Mech Enginerring of heavy industry

and I am treated like an apprentice, and a moran

Grit my teeth and just smile.. as it gets easier to handle eventually
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:10 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australia- A deskilling Process

Originally Posted by Feed the Goat
HAs any one found that many years of experience and knowledge sometimes falls on deaf ears in Aus.

yup - that's pretty much it. Poms coming to oz and telling the aussies how to do things pretty much gets to them. My wife Sam has found that to the nth degree. She's been told that 'just because she's English she thinks she know's it all'!!

Grin and bear it and wait for the weekend to enjoy the sunshine
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:41 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya,
I have that very same feeling at work

Most of the time it's as if I don't exist and when I do try and do something it's not of importance to them.

Well, that's the affect of letting them know I'm going to Oz

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I had a colleague tell me to take my "filthy English working habits somewhere else" and I should "learn to do things properly now I'm in Australia".
Funny bit was she was busy telling me how the Aussies write the date the proper way "not like you filthy Poms"..........it took the combined might of 4 other Aussies to convince her that its the Americans who write it mm/dd/yy, not the Brits!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:15 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

This poster is a troll. He's not a clever one at that

He's an old poster who's using various names to create havoc.

Ignore him and he'll go back under his bridge to play with children his own age.

Don't feed the goat
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:41 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering what exactly a moran was? is it some kind of kilt attachment?
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spalen
I was wondering what exactly a moran was? is it some kind of kilt attachment?
PMSL.....a sporran for a morran eh
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:36 am
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

yes i am a plumber of over 20 years experience and when i got here under skilled migration i might add, they said i wasnt a plumber i told them if i didnt get licence i would have them for racial discrimination, i got a licence.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I had a colleague tell me to take my "filthy English working habits somewhere else" and I should "learn to do things properly now I'm in Australia".
Funny bit was she was busy telling me how the Aussies write the date the proper way "not like you filthy Poms"..........it took the combined might of 4 other Aussies to convince her that its the Americans who write it mm/dd/yy, not the Brits!
tHAT IS SO RUDE, I WOULD WANT TO HIT HER.
OUR AGENT [HOUSE RENTAL] SCREAMED AT ME BECAUSE THE LAWN DID NOT LOOK WELL. I TOLD HER NOT TO COME SCREAMING AT ME, SHE SAID BECAUSE I WAS ENGLISH I WOULD NOT KNOW ABOUT LAWNS, BLOODY CHEEK, I TOLD HER , SHE NEVER COMMENTED AGAIN.
MY HUBBY IS GAS ENGINEER , HAD TO DO A SHORT COURSE, HE KNEW MORE THAN THE TUTOR.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:27 am
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

Calm down girls its only a commercial, nothing more.

feed the goat and he will score... more like.

yes I am a troll still living in the uk, just thought i would have some fun, think i will take it under the bridge, as i dont want to feel like this, like i did that day.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

another fellow blue

Where in Oz are you m8 ?

Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Calm down girls its only a commercial, nothing more.

feed the goat and he will score... more like.

yes I am a troll still living in the uk, just thought i would have some fun, think i will take it under the bridge, as i dont want to feel like this, like i did that day.
Ummm....in this thread [post #43] you state you are in brisbane.Make your mind up. You are either in UK or Bribane

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=327402&page=3

Then again, my guess is you're in neither
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:04 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix the troll hunter....

His/her spelling is consistently bad , that's definatly true.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spalen
Phoenix the troll hunter....

His/her spelling is consistently bad , that's definatly true.
Shite....so is mine:scared:

Aint no troll though. Can't be bothered

Why don't they use the ignore button?

Much easier