British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Notts meet 24th June (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/notts-meet-24th-june-377077/)

electricbaby Jun 26th 2006 7:20 am

Re: Notts meet 24th June

Originally Posted by SalSa
Great news Nick!

We have some news too................SOLD

Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!

congratulations

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Was it the Irish guy??

electricbaby Jun 26th 2006 7:22 am

Originally Posted by electricbaby
Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!

congratulations

Was it the Irish guy??

Congratulations was meant to be BIG
I'll try again :D

congratulations

Jodie n' Mark Jun 26th 2006 7:36 am

Congratulations was meant to be BIG
I'll try again :D

congratulations

Good News Salsa & Nick - Congratulations to you both on the house front

Sorry to hear you were both poorly Nick what did you both eat?

You thought I was the brave one eating Mussels! and don't mean to rub it in but Mark and I were fine - (must have become immune after all Marks BIL bad BBQs!)

Speak soon

Jodie n Mark

longreach Jun 26th 2006 8:10 am

Great news Nick!

Congrats... see you in Vegas ;)

sparks124 Jun 26th 2006 8:12 am

sorry to hear that you have been bad after such a good night the three of you and hope you feel on top form soon.

and many congratulations to you both Sally and Chris, hope you got what you wanted for it. when are you off?

Nick11 Jun 26th 2006 9:29 am

Originally Posted by sparks124
sorry to hear that you have been bad after such a good night the three of you and hope you feel on top form soon.

and many congratulations to you both Sally and Chris, hope you got what you wanted for it. when are you off?

OH NO YOU'RE ALL LEAVING ME - WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great news Sally and Chris - who got the house in the end ???
We'll soon be able to have our get togethers in a Mcdonalds booth!!!!!!!!!
Still chucking up by the way!!!!!!
Nick

SalSa Jun 26th 2006 6:59 pm

Thanks everyone!!

it wasn't the Irish guy in the end, it was the one that knocked on my door on Friday!! So you never know Caz... :)

He started with a really low offer in the morning (£25,000 short :eek: )and we ignored him all day and then his wife phoned at tea time panicking and they upped it to near the asking price!!! They've got their mortgage in place coz the house they were buying has fell through so 'fingers-crossed' it will all be OK.

I told the Irish guy in the morning that we've had an offer but not accepted it and i've not mentioned anything else yet in case it goes tits up!! :D

kizbut1 Jun 27th 2006 1:31 am

Well done Nik! Join the queue.
Jo & STeve - hope you're feeling better now.

Originally Posted by Nick11
Forgot to mention - got word today our application has been lodged with DIMIA.
Sparks - Andrew is still checking.Gotta see the chap tonight.
On a positive note Andrew's mum will get the keys to her new house next Monday - so anyone wanna buy a house.

kizbut1 Jun 27th 2006 1:32 am

Congrats on the sale :D ! Move into 'packing frenzy'! Sorry didn't reply earlier, still not being told when there's mail, guess I'll just have to remember to keep sticking my nose in here...
Jo

Great news Nick!

electricbaby Jun 28th 2006 8:38 am

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Congrats on the sale :D ! Move into 'packing frenzy'! Sorry didn't reply earlier, still not being told when there's mail, guess I'll just have to remember to keep sticking my nose in here...
Jo

Where is everyone ?? Its all gone quiet on the Notts thread.
Has anyone got any news?
We are still waiting for viewers, where are they all!
Come on down :D

Nick11 Jun 28th 2006 8:47 am

Where is everyone ?? Its all gone quiet on the Notts thread.
Has anyone got any news?
We are still waiting for viewers, where are they all!
Come on down :D

Sorry Caz ,still ill. Went to doctors - she said it was a virus - given me some medication to stop me feeling sick. She advised me not to go back to work til Monday. Your turn to celebrate soon - I can feel it.
Nick

electricbaby Jun 28th 2006 8:51 am

Sorry Caz ,still ill. Went to doctors - she said it was a virus - given me some medication to stop me feeling sick. She advised me not to go back to work til Monday. Your turn to c, elebrate soon - I can feel it.
Nick

oh poor you still being sick? I wonder if Sally has got it, she was feeling ill on sat night? Hope you are feeling better soon, its horrible feeling sick :(

Nick11 Jun 28th 2006 8:56 am

oh poor you still being sick? I wonder if Sally has got it, she was feeling ill on sat night? Hope you are feeling better soon, its horrible feeling sick :(

Yep - only thing that has matched was morning sickness (and NO I'm not pregnant) Will pm you at weekend.
Nick

electricbaby Jun 28th 2006 9:06 am

Yep - only thing that has matched was morning sickness (and NO I'm not pregnant) Will pm you at weekend.
Nick

:D :D
put your feet up and have a rest from work!

wonder if Sparks have exchenged yet? I can't believe they are going sooooo quickly.

Nick11 Jun 28th 2006 10:40 pm

:D :D
put your feet up and have a rest from work!

wonder if Sparks have exchenged yet? I can't believe they are going sooooo quickly.

That's right - I forgot to ask - SPARKS, have you exchanged yet.Just heard from Go matilda our application landed at DIMIA this morning. Now the waiting starts.
Have decided to give up my job - working full time is killing me and the family are suffering. I only did it for Oz and now the application is off, well we won't live like kings, but can just about get by on Andrew's money.
Getting things into perspective for the first time in 39 years!!!
Nick

SalSa Jun 28th 2006 10:53 pm

That's right - I forgot to ask - SPARKS, have you exchanged yet.Just heard from Go matilda our application landed at DIMIA this morning. Now the waiting starts.
Have decided to give up my job - working full time is killing me and the family are suffering. I only did it for Oz and now the application is off, well we won't live like kings, but can just about get by on Andrew's money.
Getting things into perspective for the first time in 39 years!!!
Nick

Good luck with your application Nick!! Won't be long, in fact the last year and half (when we started this process) has flown by.

I know what you mean about the 'perspective' bit!! I think that's our age!! And that's why we want to go travelling with our kids, stuff the money, have a 'once-in-a-lifetime' holiday!!

Hope you feeling better now.

Sally
xx

Nick11 Jun 28th 2006 10:57 pm

Good luck with your application Nick!! Won't be long, in fact the last year and half (when we started this process) has flown by.

I know what you mean about the 'perspective' bit!! I think that's our age!! And that's why we want to go travelling with our kids, stuff the money, have a 'once-in-a-lifetime' holiday!!

Hope you feeling better now.

Sally
xx

Know what you mean.And yes you are right, I think it is down to my age.
Still feeling rotten - just got up - the medicine doctor gave me ,stops me from feeling sick, but makes me sleep - just had 14 hours sleep!!!!! And still feel crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How's the house sale Sal, any developments??

SalSa Jun 28th 2006 11:04 pm

Know what you mean.And yes you are right, I think it is down to my age.
Still feeling rotten - just got up - the medicine doctor gave me ,stops me from feeling sick, but makes me sleep - just had 14 hours sleep!!!!! And still feel crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How's the house sale Sal, any developments??

Got 'Redfern's' coming round to do a quote for shipping but he's late!! :rolleyes:
Got another coming at 4pm and one on Tuesday!
Loads to do :o

Nick11 Jun 28th 2006 11:08 pm

Got 'Redfern's' coming round to do a quote for shipping but he's late!! :rolleyes:
Got another coming at 4pm and one on Tuesday!
Loads to do :o

Save us a list of your must do's , addresses and phone numbers.
Looks like we're heading for Melbourne - as the points won't be going up. A little disappointed, but more chance of employment and less chance of skin cancer or being bit by something disgusting!!!
Nick

SalSa Jun 28th 2006 11:30 pm

Looks like we're heading for Melbourne - as the points won't be going up. A little disappointed, but more chance of employment and less chance of skin cancer or being bit by something disgusting!!!
Nick

And most importantly.......we'll be there!! :D

Redferns just been...my dad used them when he went to Spain.... he said we've got about half a container and he'll put a quote in the post. Very nice man!

kizbut1 Jun 29th 2006 2:10 am

Hi Nick, just seen that you have a 137 STNI, doesn't that mean that you only have to stay in Melbourne for 2 years? Wont you be able to move after that to the area you originally wanted to go to? Where was that anyway? Glad to hear you are feeling better, dont worry about the sleep - you probably needed it and as for meeting in a Mcdonalds booth - you are on your own with that one :scared: ! We went to Mr Manns on Sunday paid for as a treat from friends, and I have to say that we enjoyed the Flamin Dragons' food more. The company was pretty good too... ;)
Speak soon
\Jo & Steve

Nick

Nick11 Jun 29th 2006 4:38 am

Hi Nick, just seen that you have a 137 STNI, doesn't that mean that you only have to stay in Melbourne for 2 years? Wont you be able to move after that to the area you originally wanted to go to? Where was that anyway? Glad to hear you are feeling better, dont worry about the sleep - you probably needed it and as for meeting in a Mcdonalds booth - you are on your own with that one :scared: ! We went to Mr Manns on Sunday paid for as a treat from friends, and I have to say that we enjoyed the Flamin Dragons' food more. The company was pretty good too... ;)
Speak soon
\Jo & Steve

Ah Jo, flattery will get you everywhere. Thanks.
Nick

Jodie n' Mark Jun 29th 2006 6:19 am

MELBOURNE! :scared:

Aw no that sucks whose pool are me n Mark going to nick now if you aren't going to be our neighbours?

Well you can always come up and see us for holidays - Australia is such a big place. We will have to get you together with Marks old work mate i think he is going to Melbourne soon. Hes' also a printer and also (sadly) called Mark! Parents had no imagination back then..... :D

Glad you've made the decision to give up work the kids and you will get so much more out of life now I think but thats a very personal opinion and I know some people may slate me for it. Kids grow up so fast you miss so much if you work so if you can do it you should go for it. You don't get the years back.

Enjoy - Hey Salsa do you think Melbournes readys for Nick???

Nick11 Jun 29th 2006 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark

Aw no that sucks whose pool are me n Mark going to nick now if you aren't going to be our neighbours?

Well you can always come up and see us for holidays - Australia is such a big place. We will have to get you together with Marks old work mate i think he is going to Melbourne soon. Hes' also a printer and also (sadly) called Mark! Parents had no imagination back then..... :D

Glad you've made the decision to give up work the kids and you will get so much more out of life now I think but thats a very personal opinion and I know some people may slate me for it. Kids grow up so fast you miss so much if you work so if you can do it you should go for it. You don't get the years back.

I know I can be a bit full on - but what you see is what you get. Apologises if I offened anyone on saturday night - poor Mark ! I don't think he knew quite what hit him. Well I was coming down with a nasty virus!!!!!
Would have loved Brissy, but theres more chance of getting a job there and I don't know if I could cope with the heat - but look on the bright side, we have instant holiday homes with you ,Sparks and Bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick

Jodie n' Mark Jun 29th 2006 6:40 am

I know I can be a bit full on - but what you see is what you get. Apologises if I offened anyone on saturday night - poor Mark ! I don't think he knew quite what hit him. Well I was coming down with a nasty virus!!!!!
Would have loved Brissy, but theres more chance of getting a job there and I don't know if I could cope with the heat - but look on the bright side, we have instant holiday homes with you ,Sparks and Bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick

You are a lovely drunk very loving and full of fun - best way to be now what I really hate are those horrible mean drunks who want to pick a fight with everyone that sucks - are you feeling better now?

Marks used to drunks anyway he married me! - you have a long way to go before you shock Mark - he had to carry me out of a hotel once (seriously not an easy task sober due to my size but drunk and feeling very sorry for myself much worse!)

lets get together soon -

Sparks when are you off? - we don't want to miss giving you a great send off.

Jo

Nick11 Jun 29th 2006 6:42 am

You are a lovely drunk very loving and full of fun - best way to be now what I really hate are those horrible mean drunks who want to pick a fight with everyone that sucks - are you feeling better now?

Marks used to drunks anyway he married me! - you have a long way to go before you shock Mark - he had to carry me out of a hotel once (seriously not an easy task sober due to my size but drunk and feeling very sorry for myself much worse!)

lets get together soon -

Sparks when are you off? - we don't want to miss giving you a great send off.

Jo

Ah love you. Will you become my 'bezzie mate'
Nick

kizbut1 Jun 29th 2006 7:21 am

Dont forget us!We're going to Brisbane too!
Jo & Steve

Nick

kizbut1 Jun 29th 2006 7:25 am

Jodie, you dont want a pool in Brisbane unless you want those wonderful cane toads. Our mate has told us that as long as you live there and have animals or kids, dont get a pool. My dogs love picking up frogs so I'm real worried about these toads. You are supposed to humanely kill them in the freezer (instead of playing golf with them) or you can get fined now. But have you seen the sizzzzze of them???? :scared:
Jo & steve

Nick11 Jun 29th 2006 7:29 am

Jodie, you dont want a pool in Brisbane unless you want those wonderful cane toads. Our mate has told us that as long as you live there and have animals or kids, dont get a pool. My dogs love picking up frogs so I'm real worried about these toads. You are supposed to humanely kill them in the freezer (instead of playing golf with them) or you can get fined now. But have you seen the sizzzzze of them???? :scared:
Jo & steve

The humane way is to scoop them up in a bin liner and place them in your freezer( gives a whole new meaning scoop the poop!!!) Ozzies have a simpler solution - cricket bats!!!! They hate them. Can be fatal to dogs We saw them in Oz - bloody huge!!!!!

Jodie n' Mark Jun 29th 2006 8:17 am

Jo & steve

Aw no are they attracted by pools then? I gotta have a pool to cool off in its my dream since I was a little kid my dad got confused and built fish ponds! :p

Nick11 Jun 29th 2006 9:59 am

Aw no are they attracted by pools then? I gotta have a pool to cool off in its my dream since I was a little kid my dad got confused and built fish ponds! :p

Ah, poor you!

SalSa Jun 30th 2006 3:31 am

Hi All!!!

Looks like things are going OK!
Had some shippers round but now decided to have a 'garage sale' instead! Thinking of Sat 15th so if any of you want any crap please feel free to pop round :D (or if you just want a coffee/beer!!) It's all gotta go!!!

Hope you're OK now Nick! :D
Anyway, up town (Ilson) tonight, a friend's 40th, so speak tomorrow!

Sally
xxx

Nick11 Jun 30th 2006 5:58 am

Hi All!!!

Looks like things are going OK!
Had some shippers round but now decided to have a 'garage sale' instead! Thinking of Sat 15th so if any of you want any crap please feel free to pop round :D (or if you just want a coffee/beer!!) It's all gotta go!!!

Hope you're OK now Nick! :D
Anyway, up town (Ilson) tonight, a friend's 40th, so speak tomorrow!

Sally
xxx

Sparks - have you exchanged contracts yet - are you still set for the 21st?

kizbut1 Jun 30th 2006 6:05 am

saw on the credit card website that it got a kickin' on the 28th. So its official we're on the waiting list :D . Nothing else to do now till the end of july when we'll apply for the police checks, hope the bank job we did last month doesn't show up ;) . Well, we had to pay for the visa somehow. Sally have a good time tonight, do they still take their homework into the Vaults? :p We're getting in training with 'another' BBQ this weekend. :rolleyes: Its my neighbours birthday, and mine too on Thursday so we thought we'd take advantage of this good weatherthey've forecast. Hope everyone else has a good weekend too.
Jo &Steve

Jodie n' Mark Jun 30th 2006 8:18 am

Good luck with the garage sale - think we are going to sell most of our stuff too but at Brinsley car boot on Saturday ams its really good lots of stalls and punters.

I've sent you some karma for 2morrows handover incase the beer up Ilson hasnt improved!

Enjoy

:beer:

SalSa Jul 1st 2006 1:58 am

Good luck with the garage sale - think we are going to sell most of our stuff too but at Brinsley car boot on Saturday ams its really good lots of stalls and punters.

I've sent you some karma for 2morrows handover incase the beer up Ilson hasnt improved!

Enjoy

:beer:

Thanks for the K, i need it today my head is pounding!!! :eek:
Must stop drinking.........it's no good, getting too old!

Redferns have quoted £3420 for a 20ft container and
Britannia £3070 for 700CuFt
Haven't read them in detail yet as my headache won't let me!!
Still thinking of selling the lot! :D

Going to bed to watch the footie
COME ON ENGLAND!

kizbut1 Jul 1st 2006 11:58 pm

Hi SalSa, we ARE selling the lot. Most of our furniture is getting tired now, so we decided we'd take only boxes with us (I've heard its a minimum shipment of £400), so all the white goods are being sold and all the bookcases, table and chairs etc are also being sold, especially since there are some woods that aren't allowed in, also rattan and raffia? or whatever its called...wicker! thats what I was thinking of Duh! I saw a link somewhere where someone had gone round the shops in Brisbane and priced up everything bought new.

Hope your headache took your mind off the footie...

jo

Thanks for the K, i need it today my head is pounding!!! :eek:
Must stop drinking.........it's no good, getting too old!

Redferns have quoted £3420 for a 20ft container and
Britannia £3070 for 700CuFt
Haven't read them in detail yet as my headache won't let me!!
Still thinking of selling the lot! :D

Going to bed to watch the footie
COME ON ENGLAND!

Nick11 Jul 3rd 2006 5:39 am

Hi SalSa, we ARE selling the lot. Most of our furniture is getting tired now, so we decided we'd take only boxes with us (I've heard its a minimum shipment of £400), so all the white goods are being sold and all the bookcases, table and chairs etc are also being sold, especially since there are some woods that aren't allowed in, also rattan and raffia? or whatever its called...wicker! thats what I was thinking of Duh! I saw a link somewhere where someone had gone round the shops in Brisbane and priced up everything bought new.

Hope your headache took your mind off the footie...

jo

Hi guys, back at work now after my sickie bug. Sports day all day with 3-5 year olds - hmmmmmmm What a wonderful and fulfilling job I have!!!!!!!

kizbut1 Jul 8th 2006 2:01 am

Hi Salsa

Did you decide which moving company to use? A friend moved to Perth last year and she used Robinsons, she said that Pickfords were too expensive for the same service. She ended up moving last August and her husband followed Xmas eve cos they couldn't sell the house.

Have you heard anymore about the house sale?

Speak soon

Jo

SalSa Jul 8th 2006 3:32 am

Hi Salsa

Did you decide which moving company to use? A friend moved to Perth last year and she used Robinsons, she said that Pickfords were too expensive for the same service. She ended up moving last August and her husband followed Xmas eve cos they couldn't sell the house.

Have you heard anymore about the house sale?

Speak soon

Jo

Haven't decided yet but not going to take much stuff.
Bubbles - who are you using?
As with the house sale - not heard anything..........is this normal????
Stressing over everything!!!