British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Notts meet 24th June (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/notts-meet-24th-june-377077/)

kizbut1 Jun 23rd 2006 12:48 am

Re: Notts meet 24th June

Our visa was signed for yesterday, first hurdle over with, just waiting for the credit card to get a kicking, hopefully next week. Also Steve is now an official vet for Queensland. The meds are also booked for the 17th August. looking forward to tomorrow, its like a huge blind date....
Jo

kizbut1 Jun 23rd 2006 12:53 am

Good luck for this arvo. We had a similar thing happen when we sold our old house, people showing up with cheque books offering us whatever we wanted....as for this house, technically we've already privately sold it. the jungle drums started beating when we said we were emigrating and somone from frans school is buying it. We've said we aren't exchanging until the visa is through though, just in case. If I have to stay here I'd rather do it in this house than anywhere else.
Have you tried a tent for the kids? Just for one night in the garden?
Jo

Originally Posted by SalSa
Well, waiting for people to show up at 2!!
Had a very, very strange chap knock at door this morning... said he'd sold his house, seen this house and would we 'do-a-deal' without agents??? Strange. Of course i didn't invite him in :D house far too messy ;) but i did give him my mobile number and he said he'd phone later when his missus finishes work. My sister reckons he was pulling a fast one and was gonna rob me but when he realised i was 'butcher' than him he came up with a cock & bull story. Thanks sis!!
Had another phone call from agent with a another viewing at 10 tomorrow morn!! Better go out all night so as to not mess house up again!! Anyone want 3 kids overnight? :D

I'll keep you posted...........

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 12:54 am

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Our visa was signed for yesterday, first hurdle over with, just waiting for the credit card to get a kicking, hopefully next week. Also Steve is now an official vet for Queensland. The meds are also booked for the 17th August. looking forward to tomorrow, its like a huge blind date....
Jo

Are you having meds done in Nottm? (17th Aug is my daughter's birthday!)

kizbut1 Jun 23rd 2006 1:29 am

Yes, at Tudor House they do the meds and Xrays at the same time, they're based in Sherwood.
Jo

Are you having meds done in Nottm? (17th Aug is my daughter's birthday!)

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 2:09 am

Yes, at Tudor House they do the meds and Xrays at the same time, they're based in Sherwood.
Jo

Yeah it's where we went. The xrays are done at the park(?) hospital though. The meds are just in the drs surgery.
I asked because Sparks went to Birmingham and i think they worked out cheaper! Which he likes to remind us! Cost me £739 for us 5 :scared:

kizbut1 Jun 23rd 2006 3:00 am

Have you already got your visas then?
Jo

Yeah it's where we went. The xrays are done at the park(?) hospital though. The meds are just in the drs surgery.
I asked because Sparks went to Birmingham and i think they worked out cheaper! Which he likes to remind us! Cost me £739 for us 5 :scared:

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 3:48 am

Have you already got your visas then?
Jo

Everyone has in the group - apart from us (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!)

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Nick11

Yes we have, ha, ha!!! :p
Sorry i don't mean that!! It won't be long for you guys!! :)

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 4:49 am

Yes we have, ha, ha!!! :p
Sorry i don't mean that!! It won't be long for you guys!! :)

Hmmmm, !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 4:56 am

Hmmmm, !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news...... the chap that came round loved it! Asked us what our lowest offer would be.... i said make us one and we'll take it from there! He was the bloke from ireland (we were on the shortlist) so fingers crossed we might have more to celebrate tomorrow!!! :D

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 4:58 am

Good news...... the chap that came round loved it! Asked us what our lowest offer would be.... i said make us one and we'll take it from there! He was the bloke from ireland (we were on the shortlist) so fingers crossed we might have more to celebrate tomorrow!!! :D

Told you your luck would change - fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparks124 Jun 23rd 2006 5:13 am

the problem is you see, is that only being an electrician i haven't got the money like you builders have :D so we have to watch every penny.

good luck for an offer on the house.

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 5:18 am

Originally Posted by sparks124
the problem is you see, is that only being an electrician i haven't got the money like you builders have :D so we have to watch every penny.

good luck for an offer on the house.

Any offers yet Sparks (on the house that is!!!!!!!!!)

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 5:20 am

Any offers yet Sparks (on the house that is!!!!!!!!!)

Well he wouldn't have any others now he's getting on :p :D

electricbaby Jun 23rd 2006 5:24 am

oHHHHHHH YOU LUCKY SOD!!! HOPE HE MAKES YOU A GOOD OFFER TOMORROW!
Had a phone call from the manager of the hospital i applied for job at in oz last night, she woke me up at 11.45, so I was a bit dense don't really know why she was calling me :confused: said she was sending me an e mail.
Got e mail today with date for telephone interview :eek:

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 5:32 am

Originally Posted by electricbaby
oHHHHHHH YOU LUCKY SOD!!! HOPE HE MAKES YOU A GOOD OFFER TOMORROW!
Had a phone call from the manager of the hospital i applied for job at in oz last night, she woke me up at 11.45, so I was a bit dense don't really know why she was calling me :confused: said she was sending me an e mail.
Got e mail today with date for telephone interview :eek:

I bet Matts on cloud nine - could just see him in his apron waiting for you to come home from a hard days work!

electricbaby Jun 23rd 2006 5:34 am

I bet Matts on cloud nine - could just see him in his apron waiting for you to come home from a hard days work!

Yer right - more like a tinny in his hand throwing meat on the barbie :D
I wondered why he was looking so happy today :confused:

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 5:36 am

Yer right - more like a tinny in his hand throwing meat on the barbie :D
I wondered why he was looking so happy today :confused:

Can just imagine him doing that!

Jodie n' Mark Jun 23rd 2006 6:20 am

And us !!! We will have our own little xmas do when they've all gone and left us.

Remember they will be able to try out all the dodgy pubs for us so that when we go we will only visit the best ones! :D

sparks124 Jun 23rd 2006 6:31 am

Well he wouldn't have any others now he's getting on :p :D

well I'll see you at the grab a granny night being as i like an older woman ;) ;)

electricbaby Jun 23rd 2006 7:47 am

well I'll see you at the grab a granny night being as i like an older woman ;) ;)

ok you lot stop talking about me!!!!!!!!!!
yes i do look good in an apron and fancy being a kept man :rolleyes:
unfortunately we have no baby sitter for saturday night
a last minute let down has left us in the lurch
i have said that caz can go on her own while i look after the kidz
i am at a sportsmans evening on wednesday with work anyway :beer:

Nick11 Jun 23rd 2006 9:27 am

Arrrrrrr, won't be the same without you!!!!!

SalSa Jun 23rd 2006 9:41 am

Do you want me to ask my friend Debbie (who lives on your road) if her daughter's available to babysit? (she's 19) I'm sure she would!

electricbaby Jun 23rd 2006 7:29 pm

Do you want me to ask my friend Debbie (who lives on your road) if her daughter's available to babysit? (she's 19) I'm sure she would!

yes Sally that would be great if you would. I will pm you.

SalSa Jun 24th 2006 1:37 am

yes Sally that would be great if you would. I will pm you.

Right, that's a pint of lager you owe me Matt!!! :beer:
See you later!!

Viewer (from Ireland) who came round yesterday, just knocked at door, swapped phone numbers, said he definately wants it, got to sort out some business in Dublin and will be in touch in the week!!!!

kizbut1 Jun 24th 2006 9:12 pm

Just wanted to say we had a really good time last night, thanks for making us feel so welcome. Sorry to leave early but its a good job we did. Our babysitter was our neighbour and she'd driven up from Bristol on Friday and was up again at 6am for the car boot, she looked 'done in' :o . Sparks, if you let us know which day you decide for your outing, we may be able to 'wangle' a visit. We wish you all the best for your departure you lucky sod I hope its all you imagined :D .

Jo & Steve

Jodie n' Mark Jun 24th 2006 11:16 pm

Thanks for making us feel welcome last night its a really great bunch of people and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and chatting about your experiences.

Looking forward to the next one, but even more so it will be great to meet up in Brisbane when we all get our visas. :D

See you all soon.

Love Jodie and Mark

Bubbles Jun 25th 2006 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Thanks for making us feel welcome last night its a really great bunch of people and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and chatting about your experiences.

Looking forward to the next one, but even more so it will be great to meet up in Brisbane when we all get our visas. :D

See you all soon.

Love Jodie and Mark

Hi everyone

i had a good night last night, hope your head isn't too bad this morning Nickki!! Looking forward to the next one did some one suggest a date - 15th July??? Or was it after that. Mark was sorry he couldn't come but he's not going away any more for a while. Hopefully we will have more precise details on our house by then, i am going to set Mark onto the solicitors in the morning
See you all again soon
Tracy

SalSa Jun 25th 2006 6:04 am

Hi All!

Feeling extremely rough today!
Had a great time though and good to meet you new folk!

Couple came round the house this morning with their daughters and said they loved it and will get their solicitor to put an offer in tomorrow so still don't know!!!! :rolleyes:

Bet Nick's still in bed recovering!! I love you tooooooo!!! :D

Sally

sparks124 Jun 25th 2006 7:04 am

Hi all, had a good night and look forward to the next. Being as we haven't heard from nick I take it that she's a bit on the rough side, get the paracetamol out and get the frying pan on nick :D
Will be looking for you to starting the next thread about the next event.
Come on nick you can't still be in bed :rolleyes:
thanks to you all as you have got me excited and looking forward to our impending departure after feeling stressed and overwhelmed about getting everything sorted. As I say thanks for the night out, it was great to get out and get the feet up. See you soon, over to you Nick.

electricbaby Jun 25th 2006 7:55 am

Hi all, had a good night and look forward to the next. Being as we haven't heard from nick I take it that she's a bit on the rough side, get the paracetamol out and get the frying pan on nick :D
Will be looking for you to starting the next thread about the next event.
Come on nick you can't still be in bed :rolleyes:
thanks to you all as you have got me excited and looking forward to our impending departure after feeling stressed and overwhelmed about getting everything sorted. As I say thanks for the night out, it was great to get out and get the feet up. See you soon, over to you Nick.

hi there everyone
matt here
i was feeling a bit depressed and down before the meet last night but you all did a good job of cheering me up thanks!
i am sure we will sell our house eventually and the bad news is if sparks and salsa are there first this will give us an excuse to goto our final destination via their places.
also it looks like those of our little community who are escaping are going to be replaced.
sparks dont forget to let us know which moving agent you are using :)

SalSa Jun 25th 2006 9:11 am

hi there everyone
matt here
i was feeling a bit depressed and down before the meet last night but you all did a good job of cheering me up thanks!
i am sure we will sell our house eventually and the bad news is if sparks and salsa are there first this will give us an excuse to goto our final destination via their places.
also it looks like those of our little community who are escaping are going to be replaced.
sparks dont forget to let us know which moving agent you are using :)

Ahhh Matt.... don't get depressed! I'm glad we cheered you up! This whole process does get you down and you end up worrying if you're doing the right thing so meeting up keeps you going! (Well it does us anyway!!) :D

Nick must be really bad lol :p

Nick11 Jun 25th 2006 9:27 pm

Ahhh Matt.... don't get depressed! I'm glad we cheered you up! This whole process does get you down and you end up worrying if you're doing the right thing so meeting up keeps you going! (Well it does us anyway!!) :D

Nick must be really bad lol :p

Okay guys it's Monday morning and I'm still chucking up - Andrew is ill too.Stomach cramps etc (won't put you off your tea) Yes I remember everything and it's still all okay, don't worry Sparks. Had to have day off work, as even toast is toooooooooo much to handle!!!!!!

SalSa Jun 25th 2006 9:58 pm

Okay guys it's Monday morning and I'm still chucking up - Andrew is ill too.Stomach cramps etc (won't put you off your tea) Yes I remember everything and it's still all okay, don't worry Sparks. Had to have day off work, as even toast is toooooooooo much to handle!!!!!!

Oh no!!!
I wonder if it was the food then as i was ill too??? :o
Hope you're feeling better soon matey :)

Nick11 Jun 25th 2006 10:06 pm

Oh no!!!
I wonder if it was the food then as i was ill too??? :o
Hope you're feeling better soon matey :)

I could understand if it was just me, but Andrew's been ill too.

longreach Jun 26th 2006 3:09 am

I should have warned you to stay away from the egg fried rice with rat's tail sauce!! I was going to mention the cats & dogs but thought better of it bearing in mind current circumstances !!

You lot are probably just sick because I wasn't there... I know I know it was all terribly disappointing for you... I promise I will try and make the next one... there don't you feel better now :cool:

Get well soon... ( I am sure I am going to be in trouble now :scared: )

SalSa Jun 26th 2006 4:12 am

Originally Posted by longreach
I should have warned you to stay away from the egg fried rice with rat's tail sauce!! I was going to mention the cats & dogs but thought better of it bearing in mind current circumstances !!

You lot are probably just sick because I wasn't there... I know I know it was all terribly disappointing for you... I promise I will try and make the next one... there don't you feel better now :cool:

Get well soon... ( I am sure I am going to be in trouble now :scared: )

Didn't miss you Mark...sorry ;)
Chris 'mingled' rather than just talking to you :D :D

Nick11 Jun 26th 2006 5:13 am

Didn't miss you Mark...sorry ;)
Chris 'mingled' rather than just talking to you :D :D

Of course you were missed - still feeling very ill though.

Nick11 Jun 26th 2006 5:16 am

Of course you were missed - still feeling very ill though.

Forgot to mention - got word today our application has been lodged with DIMIA.
Sparks - Andrew is still checking.Gotta see the chap tonight.
On a positive note Andrew's mum will get the keys to her new house next Monday - so anyone wanna buy a house.

SalSa Jun 26th 2006 7:14 am

Forgot to mention - got word today our application has been lodged with DIMIA.
Sparks - Andrew is still checking.Gotta see the chap tonight.
On a positive note Andrew's mum will get the keys to her new house next Monday - so anyone wanna buy a house.

Great news Nick!

We have some news too................SOLD