Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notice Of Assessment(?)

Notice Of Assessment(?)

Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:02 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
smurtaza's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 913
smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Notice Of Assessment(?)

Hi,

Do I need to have Notice of Assessment if I want to fill out my 2004-05 tax return using e-tax 2005??I have got my payslips from my employer and a consolidated payslips from my employer??

Please suggest me how to obtain Notice of Assessment(NOA), as an individual casual worker?

Thanks
smurtaza is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:19 am
  #2  
ABCDiamond
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Notice Of Assessment(?)

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

Do I need to have Notice of Assessment if I want to fill out my 2004-05 tax return using e-tax 2005??I have got my payslips from my employer and a consolidated payslips from my employer??

Please suggest me how to obtain Notice of Assessment(NOA), as an individual casual worker?

Thanks
I assume you are at the lodging stage in the E-Tax process ?

You would get it from the ATO after lodging a previous years tax return.

Has anyone lodged a very first tax return by E-Tax electronically yet ?

I was not sure if it could be done that way for a first time Tax payer, but you could ring the ATO just in case.

If you can't, then just complete it on E-Tax, print it out and post it.
 
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:25 am
  #3  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,797
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice Of Assessment(?)

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I assume you are at the lodging stage in the E-Tax process ?

You would get it from the ATO after lodging a previous years tax return.

Has anyone lodged a very first tax return by E-Tax electronically yet ?

I was not sure if it could be done that way for a first time Tax payer, but you could ring the ATO just in case.

If you can't, then just complete it on E-Tax, print it out and post it.
Yes, you can do it the first time electronically (sounds good doesn't it!!! )

I lodged my first one last year, refund came through a week later. Doing the second one any day now.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:34 am
  #4  
ABCDiamond
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Notice Of Assessment(?)

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you can do it the first time electronically (sounds good doesn't it!!! )

I lodged my first one last year, refund came through a week later. Doing the second one any day now.
What did you do when they asked for the identification thing, as the lodging stage; The date and number of one of your Notice Of Assessments ? I assume there must be an alternative then ?
 
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:47 am
  #5  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,797
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice Of Assessment(?)

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What did you do when they asked for the identification thing, as the lodging stage; The date and number of one of your Notice Of Assessments ? I assume there must be an alternative then ?
Had to look back at last years file to find it! If its your first year of having to do a tax return, you use your letter notifying you of your TFN. After that you need your Notice of Assessment (which means I just had to go and turn out several drawers of paperwork to find it so I can do this years!!!)
Pollyana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.