British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Notice Of Assessment(?) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/notice-assessment-316077/)

smurtaza Jul 26th 2005 5:02 am

Notice Of Assessment(?)

Hi,

Do I need to have Notice of Assessment if I want to fill out my 2004-05 tax return using e-tax 2005??I have got my payslips from my employer and a consolidated payslips from my employer??

Please suggest me how to obtain Notice of Assessment(NOA), as an individual casual worker?

Thanks

ABCDiamond Jul 26th 2005 5:19 am

Re: Notice Of Assessment(?)

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

Do I need to have Notice of Assessment if I want to fill out my 2004-05 tax return using e-tax 2005??I have got my payslips from my employer and a consolidated payslips from my employer??

Please suggest me how to obtain Notice of Assessment(NOA), as an individual casual worker?

Thanks

I assume you are at the lodging stage in the E-Tax process ?

You would get it from the ATO after lodging a previous years tax return.

Has anyone lodged a very first tax return by E-Tax electronically yet ?

I was not sure if it could be done that way for a first time Tax payer, but you could ring the ATO just in case.

If you can't, then just complete it on E-Tax, print it out and post it.

Pollyana Jul 26th 2005 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I assume you are at the lodging stage in the E-Tax process ?

You would get it from the ATO after lodging a previous years tax return.

Has anyone lodged a very first tax return by E-Tax electronically yet ?

I was not sure if it could be done that way for a first time Tax payer, but you could ring the ATO just in case.

If you can't, then just complete it on E-Tax, print it out and post it.

Yes, you can do it the first time electronically (sounds good doesn't it!!! :o )

I lodged my first one last year, refund came through a week later. Doing the second one any day now.

ABCDiamond Jul 26th 2005 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you can do it the first time electronically (sounds good doesn't it!!! :o )

I lodged my first one last year, refund came through a week later. Doing the second one any day now.

What did you do when they asked for the identification thing, as the lodging stage; The date and number of one of your Notice Of Assessments ? I assume there must be an alternative then ?

Pollyana Jul 26th 2005 10:47 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What did you do when they asked for the identification thing, as the lodging stage; The date and number of one of your Notice Of Assessments ? I assume there must be an alternative then ?

Had to look back at last years file to find it! If its your first year of having to do a tax return, you use your letter notifying you of your TFN. After that you need your Notice of Assessment (which means I just had to go and turn out several drawers of paperwork to find it so I can do this years!!!)