Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not having a good day

Not having a good day

Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:43 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not having a good day

Well today I contacted our agent to make sure our application was lodged and guess what.......... they haven't lodged it yet!!!!!!!
When I spoke to them at the end of last month they said it was going to be lodged the 1st Friday of November (they only lodge on a friday)
So I called yesterday, no response, called again today and finally got through to someone. The chap I spoke to basically said that since he looked at it the end of last month nothing has happened to it!!!!
It's been sitting on someone's desk without even being checked, they dug it out today and apparently there are 2 questions that we forgot to fill in.
I am furious What on earth are we paying these people all this money for when they can't seem to pull there fingers out of there backsides The other annoying thing is that this is only a de-facto visa and is quite straight forward, had I realised what was involved before finding an agent we would have done it ourselves.

Sorry to moan just needed to get it off my chest. Maybe I should go for a drink now
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:59 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not having a good day

Originally Posted by Marie_m
Well today I contacted our agent to make sure our application was lodged and guess what.......... they haven't lodged it yet!!!!!!!
When I spoke to them at the end of last month they said it was going to be lodged the 1st Friday of November (they only lodge on a friday)
So I called yesterday, no response, called again today and finally got through to someone. The chap I spoke to basically said that since he looked at it the end of last month nothing has happened to it!!!!
It's been sitting on someone's desk without even being checked, they dug it out today and apparently there are 2 questions that we forgot to fill in.
I am furious What on earth are we paying these people all this money for when they can't seem to pull there fingers out of there backsides The other annoying thing is that this is only a de-facto visa and is quite straight forward, had I realised what was involved before finding an agent we would have done it ourselves.

Sorry to moan just needed to get it off my chest. Maybe I should go for a drink now

I think that is ridiculous,no wonder your hacked off & i hope you gave them what for, because if you let them get away with it they will just play on the fact! stand your ground,be polite but FIRM!!
Hope you get it sent off soon,
Goodluck,
Donna.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like a nightmare ...care to name the agent?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:17 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

KICK THEIR AR*ES!!!!!!!! There is no excuse for laziness!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

We had a similar problem with agent. Our police checks sat on a desk for SEVEN WEEKS!!! The DIMIA deadline was therefore missed and it meant we had to cancel our recce trip. After the visas were eventually granted we wrote a letter of complaint to agent threatening a report to MARA as we reckoned they had been negligent- unless they waived the final installment of approx £450. To their credit they agreed with everything we said and apologised. It's definitely worth checking your contract, reading up on your rights from the MARA website and making a big noise.
Good luck
Yv
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Thanks everyone, I certainly gave them a piece of my mind but kept my cool, the worst thing is is that this isn't the first time it's happened. Infact this is the 3rd time an instance like this has happened and they have apologised and blamed it on there new structure within the company!!!!
The agent happens to be the ones that are sponsoring the Aus immigration forum on this site!!!! Yeap that's right OE Visa's I certainly will not be recommending them, unless of course they waiver the rest of our fee, then I may re-think
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone, I certainly gave them a piece of my mind but kept my cool, the worst thing is is that this isn't the first time it's happened. Infact this is the 3rd time an instance like this has happened and they have apologised and blamed it on there new structure within the company!!!!
The agent happens to be the ones that are sponsoring the Aus immigration forum on this site!!!! Yeap that's right OE Visa's I certainly will not be recommending them, unless of course they waiver the rest of our fee, then I may re-think
Thanks for telling people about the problems you've been having, hopefully word may get back and shock them into getting a better "company structure", pronto.

Last edited by Deadmeat; Nov 10th 2004 at 8:34 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

OE visas??? Now there's a surprise!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:40 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

OH Dear

Donna.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by madsad
OH Dear

Donna.
I would want my money back !!
go for it
and kick HARD !!!
Mary
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:17 pm

Default Re: Not having a good day (Latest saga)

As if the saga couldn't get any worse.........
We were contacted yesterday afternoon after countless phone calls to them and I gave the guy on the end of the phone the information that they wanted (or so I thought) He specifically said that I didn't need to give him months just years so that's what I did. Very late yesterday afternoon they phoned my partner who was on the golf course and told him they didn't have the months only years!!!!!! So last night I sent them ALL the information they wanted, told them i would be on my mobile all day if they needed anything else. I eventually phoned them at lunch time and they told me they had received the email and would contact me later. The whole day went past with no phone call 7:30pm I looked at my mobile and I had a missed phone call at 7pm from OE Visa of course I tried calling back but no answer. Got on the internet and checked my emails and guess what... an email from OE Visa saying they hadn't got the stat decs they had asked for??????!!!!!!! WHAT stat decs???? I sent 7 stat decs in total with our application!!!!! And why wait till so late in the day when I cant do anything about it until tomorrow???
I will be calling first thing in the morning to speak with a manager, I am way past pi**ed off

Marie and Paul
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:26 pm

As if the saga couldn't get any worse.........
We were contacted yesterday afternoon after countless phone calls to them and I gave the guy on the end of the phone the information that they wanted (or so I thought) He specifically said that I didn't need to give him months just years so that's what I did. Very late yesterday afternoon they phoned my partner who was on the golf course and told him they didn't have the months only years!!!!!! So last night I sent them ALL the information they wanted, told them i would be on my mobile all day if they needed anything else. I eventually phoned them at lunch time and they told me they had received the email and would contact me later. The whole day went past with no phone call 7:30pm I looked at my mobile and I had a missed phone call at 7pm from OE Visa of course I tried calling back but no answer. Got on the internet and checked my emails and guess what... an email from OE Visa saying they hadn't got the stat decs they had asked for??????!!!!!!! WHAT stat decs???? I sent 7 stat decs in total with our application!!!!! And why wait till so late in the day when I cant do anything about it until tomorrow???
I will be calling first thing in the morning to speak with a manager, I am way past pi**ed off

Marie and Paul
Marie,
Speak to Richard Greghan(think i ve spelt that wrong!)He is the head of the company.

Donna.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by madsad
Marie,
Speak to Richard Greghan(think i ve spelt that wrong!)He is the head of the company.

Donna.
Cheers Donna

I will be after blood come tomorrow!!! :scared:

Marie
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG Marie i've just read all the above i am so mad i suggest you pm him from here maybe he will respond to that....we will probably get into trouble for name dropping but its our money at the end of the day
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Marie

Yes it's Richard Gregan you need to talk to. He's based at the Edinburgh office. What office are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.