Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not having a good day

Not having a good day

Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Not having a good day

Can't say I'm surprised about it being OE...again. I've not been too impressed with them as I've mentioned in other threads.Only one thing for it....
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:19 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not having a good day (Latest saga)

Originally Posted by YFitz
Marie

Yes it's Richard Gregan you need to talk to. He's based at the Edinburgh office. What office are you using?
Hi

I'm using the Edinburgh office, although I have to say the chap that has been dealing with our visa has been phoning first thing in the morning 8am and has been phoning again at 7pm. He seems to be working all the hours but not necessarily on our application!!! He keeps apologising and he is hoping to lodge our application on Wednesday, so fingers crossed everyone I have got Richard's direct line number and email and I will be contacting him this week, think I may leave it for a couple of days and see what happens with our application first
One plus side to all this, while they have been sitting on our application our police check has arrived all clear and I have sent it to OE Visa, so they will be able to lodg everything in one hit. Medical has already been done and sent directly to Australia House.
Will keep you posted later in the week
Marie
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:26 pm
ktd
Just Joined

ktd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marie_m
As if the saga couldn't get any worse.........
We were contacted yesterday afternoon after countless phone calls to them and I gave the guy on the end of the phone the information that they wanted (or so I thought) He specifically said that I didn't need to give him months just years so that's what I did. Very late yesterday afternoon they phoned my partner who was on the golf course and told him they didn't have the months only years!!!!!! So last night I sent them ALL the information they wanted, told them i would be on my mobile all day if they needed anything else. I eventually phoned them at lunch time and they told me they had received the email and would contact me later. The whole day went past with no phone call 7:30pm I looked at my mobile and I had a missed phone call at 7pm from OE Visa of course I tried calling back but no answer. Got on the internet and checked my emails and guess what... an email from OE Visa saying they hadn't got the stat decs they had asked for??????!!!!!!! WHAT stat decs???? I sent 7 stat decs in total with our application!!!!! And why wait till so late in the day when I cant do anything about it until tomorrow???
I will be calling first thing in the morning to speak with a manager, I am way past pi**ed off

Marie and Paul
what are stats decs?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:26 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I'm using the Edinburgh office, although I have to say the chap that has been dealing with our visa has been phoning first thing in the morning 8am and has been phoning again at 7pm. He seems to be working all the hours but not necessarily on our application!!! He keeps apologising and he is hoping to lodge our application on Wednesday, so fingers crossed everyone I have got Richard's direct line number and email and I will be contacting him this week, think I may leave it for a couple of days and see what happens with our application first
One plus side to all this, while they have been sitting on our application our police check has arrived all clear and I have sent it to OE Visa, so they will be able to lodg everything in one hit. Medical has already been done and sent directly to Australia House.
Will keep you posted later in the week
Marie

Hope everything works out & its a bit smoother here on in

Good luck,

Donna.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by madsad
Hope everything works out & its a bit smoother here on in

Good luck,

Donna.
Cheers Donna

Me too, if it doesn't go on Wednesday I will flip. I also told him that I had posted on this forum and at present would not recommend anyone to use them!!!! Maybe it will give them an incentive, hopefully not to screw up our application!!

Marie
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ktd
what are stats decs?
Hi KTD

They are statutory declarations, they are signed in the presence of a solicitor to state that you believe it to be true statement. For example we had to give stat decs regarding our relationship and how long we have been together. We also got family and friends to do them for us too.

Marie
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:37 pm
ktd
Just Joined

ktd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KTD

They are statutory declarations, they are signed in the presence of a solicitor to state that you believe it to be true statement. For example we had to give stat decs regarding our relationship and how long we have been together. We also got family and friends to do them for us too.

Marie
iS THIS NECESSARY AS I AM MARRIED?
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:22 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktd
iS THIS NECESSARY AS I AM MARRIED?

No,you will have a marriage cetificate,that will do.

Donna.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by madsad
No,you will have a marriage cetificate,that will do.

Donna.
I phoned our agent this morning as our visa was supposed to being lodged today...... well what can I say. The initial chap I spoke to didn't know what was happening (wot a suprise!!) He told me that someone would call me back, sure enough they did and he told me that our stat decs were still at the solicitors!! Well I had been told previously that all our documents were ready so I wanted to know what was going on and why they hadn't been sent with the rest of our documents???? Apparently someone forgot to send them over!!! And all they could do was apologise. I had another moan at this bloke who was the supervisor and he said he would contact the solicitor, well blow me down with a feather. At 3:30pm they phoned me back, told me they had now got my stat decs and that our application will be sent by courier at 4pm TODAY. Horaaay!!! At long last

Marie
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

omg it sounds horrendous and I thought I had a bad day. Get ont he phone and moan and quote this site im sure it will make an impact.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope its all sorted tomorrow.
irene
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned our agent this morning as our visa was supposed to being lodged today...... well what can I say. The initial chap I spoke to didn't know what was happening (wot a suprise!!) He told me that someone would call me back, sure enough they did and he told me that our stat decs were still at the solicitors!! Well I had been told previously that all our documents were ready so I wanted to know what was going on and why they hadn't been sent with the rest of our documents???? Apparently someone forgot to send them over!!! And all they could do was apologise. I had another moan at this bloke who was the supervisor and he said he would contact the solicitor, well blow me down with a feather. At 3:30pm they phoned me back, told me they had now got my stat decs and that our application will be sent by courier at 4pm TODAY. Horaaay!!! At long last

Marie
Hi Marie

I just caught up with this thread - so sorry to hear of the extra stress caused by the incompetence of someone who is supposed to be a professional

I'm glad to hear your latest post - hopefully life will be a bit more straight forward now.

Will keep a look out for more good news from you

BB
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:26 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Marie
OMG what a nightmare thank god its now on its way.

Are you using their solicitors?

Kay