Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not going to be about much

Not going to be about much

Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not going to be about much

Finally cleared the last out of our house last night.
Bit emotional, after 14 years there.
Once all the furniture had gone, had all the carpetssteamed cleaned (very caring me), the lights went out for the last time..........

My 2 boys are a `bit strange` at the moment.........but they too are feeling a bit emotional.

Last day at work today....been a civil servant now since 1981, and have risen to the grand ole rank of Executive Officer
Quite how I made it, I dont know!!!!!

Moved into `bedsit land` Southsea last night. Living next door to Tescos is fine.............until it is 6 am in the morning and the deliveries are being made, with a bloody 20ft lorry reversing, making that very annoying `reverse` noise!!!!!!!!!!!

Wont be able to `post` much now (shit, think I will get withdrawal symptoms) so to all my mates...............All the bloody best.

Pompey Birds.............Ring me and let me know about next week!!!!

Finally...........`Wheres my bloody visa?`

Take good care.............a million thanks for your help, guidance, support and cyber love and hugs.

Rach............hope your party goes well, dont get pissed and DONT bawl all night.

Lots and lots of love

Sandra, who will be signing off at about 12 today!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:44 am
Just Joined

mandy smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relaxing

Hi Sandra,

Hope your last day goes okay,
since i left work i have been trying to clear things out of the house
we are completing on Friday and i will be going off to London after that.

My Leaving do is tonight so if your at a loose end and you want to escape bedsit land pop along its at the Dolphin Pub in Old Portsmouth 7pm onwards.

Well only got a while before we leave for Perth 22nd August then the girls can have there first Ladies night on the right continent.

Have a wonderful day and if i dont see you tonight see you on the 14th for our farewell drink.

take care

Mandyx
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Not going to be about much

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Finally cleared the last out of our house last night.
Bit emotional, after 14 years there.
Once all the furniture had gone, had all the carpetssteamed cleaned (very caring me), the lights went out for the last time..........

My 2 boys are a `bit strange` at the moment.........but they too are feeling a bit emotional.

Last day at work today....been a civil servant now since 1981, and have risen to the grand ole rank of Executive Officer
Quite how I made it, I dont know!!!!!

Moved into `bedsit land` Southsea last night. Living next door to Tescos is fine.............until it is 6 am in the morning and the deliveries are being made, with a bloody 20ft lorry reversing, making that very annoying `reverse` noise!!!!!!!!!!!

Wont be able to `post` much now (shit, think I will get withdrawal symptoms) so to all my mates...............All the bloody best.

Pompey Birds.............Ring me and let me know about next week!!!!

Finally...........`Wheres my bloody visa?`

Take good care.............a million thanks for your help, guidance, support and cyber love and hugs.

Rach............hope your party goes well, dont get pissed and DONT bawl all night.

Lots and lots of love

Sandra, who will be signing off at about 12 today!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sandra
Hope that you have a nice last day at work. It must be hard for you having been there for so long.

Good luck
debsx
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

My desk is completely covered in Aussie flags, pictures, goodbye posters, balloons. Have had hundreds of cards, and pressies(How many did Mick get........................ZERO)

As I opened the door, I thought `Shit,` as my eyes filled up, took a deep breath and in I flounced.............
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:02 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not going to be about much

Bye Sandra! Good luck to you all, and make sure you get back online whenever you can to let us know how things are going.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:34 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello my friend

Hope you have a fabulous last day at work, yours visas will be with you by our next meet, I can feel it in me "waters".

Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Love Lisa xxx

ps. Hello mandy, have a great night tonight!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a wonderful - if emotional - last day Sandra, come back and give us updates when you can!!