Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not Entering Into Euro, Pound Set To Strengthen!

Not Entering Into Euro, Pound Set To Strengthen!

Old May 14th 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Default Not Entering Into Euro, Pound Set To Strengthen!

This is very good news for us immis.
Gordon Brown is my hero since the tv news confirmed that we will NOT be going into the Euro. This is excellent news for the pound! Tomorrow's exchange rate should be very interesting!

Old May 14th 2003, 9:17 pm
Vaidated member

JayneTee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Entering Into Euro, Pound Set To Strengthen!

Originally posted by PADDAD
Gordon Brown is my hero since the tv news confirmed that we will NOT be going into the Euro. This is excellent news for the pound! Tomorrow's exchange rate should be very interesting!

Oh dear! And we've just transferred our money to our assuror's bank account so she could lodge the AOS for us - and we only got A$2.455 as the exchange rate
Old May 15th 2003, 5:22 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The trend is your friend - just look at what has been happening to GBP/AUD exchange rate over the last few months. Gordon Brown saying 'not yet' to Euro has been not just widely but 100% discounted in the money markets. May see a blip for a few days but not a change in trend IMO, trend still has some long way to run (IMO another 20% within 12 months).

But may be a good opportunity to buy AUD on the blip.

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 5:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Keep grasping the chances are the other way joining would send it sky high.

Old May 15th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Forgive me I am trying 'desperately' to stay positive.

PB I am no expert but I disagree that entering the Euro will strengthen the pound so whichever way you look at it 'not' entering the euro 'is' good news for the UK.

Old May 16th 2003, 2:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me I am trying 'desperately' to stay positive.

PB I am no expert but I disagree that entering the Euro will strengthen the pound so whichever way you look at it 'not' entering the euro 'is' good news for the UK.

Big business say they want it and they will get it , pollies will do as the real movers and shakers tell them its a matter of timing and shutting the likes of the Sun and other Tory rags up.