Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northern end of Gold Coast, Windaroo, Bahrs Scrub, Mt Warren Park, Bannockburn

Northern end of Gold Coast, Windaroo, Bahrs Scrub, Mt Warren Park, Bannockburn

Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:27 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Northern end of Gold Coast, Windaroo, Bahrs Scrub, Mt Warren Park, Bannockburn

Does anyone have any info on these area's?

Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: Northern end of Gold Coast, Windaroo, Bahrs Scrub, Mt Warren Park, Bannockburn

Hi guys these areas are mainly semi rural they are great if you want a large plot at a good price we live about 20mins from them, gold coast beaches 30mins away & brissy about 40mins, there are some housing estate were they meet logan let me no what you are looking for & i will try & guide you, we are at flagstone only because there are schools & shops within walking distance we have 2 acers GARY
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Northern end of Gold Coast, Windaroo, Bahrs Scrub, Mt Warren Park, Bannockburn

Originally Posted by calNgary
Hi guys these areas are mainly semi rural they are great if you want a large plot at a good price we live about 20mins from them, gold coast beaches 30mins away & brissy about 40mins, there are some housing estate were they meet logan let me no what you are looking for & i will try & guide you, we are at flagstone only because there are schools & shops within walking distance we have 2 acers GARY
Yeah it's just if we ever get a chance to buy, we'll be looking at the lowest end of the market. It just seems very reasonable there. We're not wanting to be close to the water, or a main town really. Garden privacy would be a top requirement and close to the M1.

About it really. 1,000m plot would be nice!

I was working in Jimboomba recently, liked it there ... altho maybe a bit too far from the motorway ...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Bahrs Scrub, Beaudesert are all the next "development areas" No infrastructure to support the large planned developments as yet though being designed as we speak.

Large residential developments with small (ish) shopping centres and minor industrial units. Logan and its surrounding areas will expand dramatically over the next few years I guess land prices will follow.

Logan Council and their planning department can provide further info.

According to my husband!!!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:28 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

When we were over there, we stayed in Mt Warren Park. It's a lovely area and very friendly. My family live there and have done for the last 25 years or so. MWP has a golf course, RSL club, small shopping area with supermarket and restaurant etc, ten pin bowling. It's a 5 minute drive to the M1 and a short drive up to Tambourine Mountain. The GC beaches are about 30 minutes away with the theme parks about 15 minutes away. The CBD is about 40 mins away.There is a primary school with the nearest high school in Windaroo which is next door to MWP.
Windaroo is also lovely. It has both primary and high schools, a golf course, shopping precinct and lovely views inland to the mountains. There are some huge houses there backing onto the golf course.
Bahrs Scrub is slightly further inland from Windaroo but has acreage plots. Other than that I don't know much about that area itself.
Sorry, I didn't get to Bannockburn so cant tell you anything about it.

I loved the area. I know quite a few people will tell you to stay away as the nearest main town is Beenleigh and that does get a fair bit of slating on here, but we were living in Beenleigh and didn't come across any of the problems people have been talking about.

If you need any more info, ask away

Julie. x
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Bahrs Scrub, Beaudesert are all the next "development areas" No infrastructure to support the large planned developments as yet though being designed as we speak.

Large residential developments with small (ish) shopping centres and minor industrial units. Logan and its surrounding areas will expand dramatically over the next few years I guess land prices will follow.

Logan Council and their planning department can provide further info.

According to my husband!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Juliecabs
When we were over there, we stayed in Mt Warren Park. It's a lovely area and very friendly. My family live there and have done for the last 25 years or so. MWP has a golf course, RSL club, small shopping area with supermarket and restaurant etc, ten pin bowling. It's a 5 minute drive to the M1 and a short drive up to Tambourine Mountain. The GC beaches are about 30 minutes away with the theme parks about 15 minutes away. The CBD is about 40 mins away.There is a primary school with the nearest high school in Windaroo which is next door to MWP.
Windaroo is also lovely. It has both primary and high schools, a golf course, shopping precinct and lovely views inland to the mountains. There are some huge houses there backing onto the golf course.
Bahrs Scrub is slightly further inland from Windaroo but has acreage plots. Other than that I don't know much about that area itself.
Sorry, I didn't get to Bannockburn so cant tell you anything about it.

I loved the area. I know quite a few people will tell you to stay away as the nearest main town is Beenleigh and that does get a fair bit of slating on here, but we were living in Beenleigh and didn't come across any of the problems people have been talking about.

If you need any more info, ask away

Julie. x
Thanks for the info ...

Yeah it DOES look lovely up there from the little we see.

Who knows, one day maybe!