North West Meet 23rd October

Wikiposts

North West Meet 23rd October

Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: North West Meet 23rd October

Hi Vikki
Glad you enjoyed it I think everyone did. We will have another 1 in about 4 weeks or so.
Don't worry about the pipes you will be riding them soon and LIVING THE DREAM!!!
C u soon
Ang
Hi Ang, Thanks for your advice about messenger, I'm now up & running! Lets hope you're right about that pipe! I'm starting to think it may be rusting away. Looking forward to seeing you & everyone else at the next one soon & wishing you all luck with the form-filling and calendar crossing
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: North West Meet 23rd October

Hi Sue,
When I looked at university of Queensland site and the link to student support, it very definitely said that NZ students whilst were not charged overseas rates (which you need to check but I think as a UK student you will be classed as an overseas student) NZ students are not intitled to a student loan and we have to pay our years fees up front.

Kaz

I've just been on the website and have sent them an email to query it but as I understand it as the holder of a permanent resident visa Dave will just pay the same fees as any Australian. He may not be able to defer them and he may have to pay them up front. Here's a quote from their website.

What is HECS?
The Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS) is a Federal Government scheme under which students contribute to the cost of higher education.

Do I have to pay HECS?
You generally pay HECS if you are enrolled in an undergraduate program at the census date and you are:

an Australian citizen

a permanent Australian resident or

a New Zealand citizen.

Hey my youngest boy is also called Jake!
KAZ[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence! At the time we thought we were choosing an uncommon name but I have come across so many Jakes about the same age there was obviously something floating in the air!
Sue