Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No Spider threads

Wikiposts

No Spider threads

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:25 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Re: No Spider threads

Originally Posted by PJA
Did you find out what the one was you saw on the bed at the show home - eek! :scared:

Jane
I think that was just some harmless spider that liked to lurk around peoples beds!

Another creature for you all is attached.

After visiting Australia Zoo I now know this is a blue tongued lizard, however when my son first pointed it out in the bushes outside our apartments in Maroochydore I promptly Sh@t myself thinking it was a snake as I only saw the head and some of its body and with my son with his finger in its face saying "whats this daddy" I nearly fell over, until he kindly pointed out "its not a snake, its got legs you idiot" - thanks for that son.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails No Spider threads-blue-tongued-lizard.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:15 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M J
OH GOOD...THANKS FOR THAT!!
I'd just about talked myself (or allowed my husband to)into believing that they weren't going to creep up on me like that out there.
You see now i'm right back to square one.Can't they just wave a white flag or something when they want to pop out from somewhere...at least i'd be prepared then!
Just do what I do...walk around with cans of mortein...
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Seems like we have gone months on the forum without any spider threads. In the past almost every week someone posted a thread concerned about their fears and the dangers they will face in OZ from spiders. Have Poms been cured of their Arachnophobia?
Yay! I have been waiting for a fora like this to surface. I was over in South Australia a couple of weeks ago and did some touring on the weekend. Whilst travelling through a little village called Two Wells I noticed the drums pictured below.

Obviously they get real big ones here and using 44 gallon drums is the only way to catch them.
Attached Thumbnails No Spider threads-spider-catchers.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: No Spider threads

Originally Posted by M J
OH GOOD...THANKS FOR THAT!!
I'd just about talked myself (or allowed my husband to)into believing that they weren't going to creep up on me like that out there.
You see now i'm right back to square one.Can't they just wave a white flag or something when they want to pop out from somewhere...at least i'd be prepared then!
Just carry insect spray on you at all times. LOL. Whenever we see a spider a here, we don't ask quiestions, it gets squished. Most spiders here are poisonous, and those that are'nt can still give you a nasty bite that itches for ever.

Mosquitoes are the worst though, together with fire ants. Snakes, well you generally see them, and they move out of the way normally, unless you tread on them, then run like holy crap :scared:
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

I knew i shouldn't have read this thread :scared: I have to act brave in front of the kids when i see spiders here (UK), they won't think i'm so brave when i'm running around the house screaming in OZ.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
I knew i shouldn't have read this thread :scared: I have to act brave in front of the kids when i see spiders here (UK), they won't think i'm so brave when i'm running around the house screaming in OZ.
I reckon they will find it hugely entertaining