Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa info required

Visa info required

Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Visa info required

Hi all, wonder if someone can help me, my mum and dad left to go 3 weeks ago and are decided on coming back in November for 6 months, i checked the website for 3-6 month visas and it said check travel agents which i told my dad to do, he thinks he knows better and checked a website and he says that they don't come into a category for 6 month visa, i am aslo wondering if they stay the 3 month holiday and then hop over to NZ will they be able to come back in and stay another 3 month. I don't know if this thread makes any sense but hopefully everyone knows what i am trying to say.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa info required

Originally Posted by svinnes
Hi all, wonder if someone can help me, my mum and dad left to go 3 weeks ago and are decided on coming back in November for 6 months, i checked the website for 3-6 month visas and it said check travel agents which i told my dad to do, he thinks he knows better and checked a website and he says that they don't come into a category for 6 month visa, i am aslo wondering if they stay the 3 month holiday and then hop over to NZ will they be able to come back in and stay another 3 month. I don't know if this thread makes any sense but hopefully everyone knows what i am trying to say.
Cheers
Suzanne
it would be bad to overstay a visa as you get a 3 year ban on entering Australia( i think ) some one will put me right if this is wrong.
have you looked at dimia web site
Extending your stay in Australia as a visitor
On this page

Apply online (over the Internet)
Apply on a paper application form
To remain longer in Australia than your original visa allows, you are required to obtain another visa. You must apply for a new visa before your current visa expires. The best time to apply is about two weeks before your current visa expires to allow enough time for processing of your new visa application.

You should note that a further visa if granted will cease any visa/ETA currently held and the entitlements attached to that visa/ETA.

If you are not granted a further visa you must leave Australia before the expiry of your original visa.

Note: All Sponsored Family Visitor visas have the condition 8503 “no further stay” attached to them. Unless that condition is waived ( see: Conditions on visas), holders of a Sponsored Family Visitor visa cannot extend their stay in Australia. All Sponsored Family Visitor visas also have the condition 8531 "must depart within the validity of the Sponsored Visitor visa" attached to them. If condition 8503 is waived and even if a further visa is granted and it results in the visitor remaining in Australia beyond the validity of the Sponsored Family Visitor visa, they will be taken to have breached condition 8531 and penalties will be imposed on the sponsor. Any security bond lodged in support of the visa will normally be forfeited.

See: Form 985i, Visitors in Australia, further stay

Apply online (over the Internet)
You may apply online for a Tourist visa for a further stay in Australia if:

you are currently in Australia; and
you hold a valid ETA (Visitor) or valid Tourist (Short Stay) visitor visa or Tourist visa that was initially granted for a stay of 3 months or less; and
your visa does not have a Condition 8503 – no further stay attached; and
you wish to extend your stay in Australia for a further period so that the total duration of your stay in Australia is no more than 6 months (from the date when you last entered Australia).
Note: We strongly encourage internet applicants to provide a current e-mail address and authority to communicate electronically. This will help ensure your visa application is processed as quickly as possible.

See: Online Services - Visiting Australia
Contact us

Apply on a paper application form
You may apply for a further visa at a regional office of DIMIA in person or by mail if:

are in Australia; and
you are not eligible to apply to extend your stay over the Internet; or
you wish to extend your stay in Australia beyond a total stay period of six months;
and you:

hold a valid visa (other than a subclass 426 Domestic Worker (Temporary) - Diplomatic or Consular visa); and
your visa does not have a Condition 8503 – no further stay attached
See: Form 601, Application for further stay as a visitor
Contact us

Last update: 01 July 2005 at 08:52 AEST

Home | Site Map | Ministers | Useful Links | Feedback | Copyright & Disclaimer

Last edited by robert cowan; Jun 17th 2006 at 1:28 am.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:39 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long stay visitor visa

Suzanne,

An application for a longer stay as a visitor requires a paper based application.

The visa is subclass number 676 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/overview.htm#676 and http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/983i.pdf

Application for a 676 visa is made on DIMA form 48 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/48.pdf

Best regards.

Originally Posted by svinnes
Cheers
Suzanne