British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   No Going Back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/no-going-back-284196/)

Olibeneli Feb 15th 2005 3:16 pm

Re: No Going Back

Originally Posted by jonni boy
and how much would you be willing to pay a family to follow them on the hardest journey and time of there life.we have just come back from our visa trip and i am ready to go (wifes 95% ready) but the stress just getting this far is unreal..........how big is your cheque book

Well said...you beat me to it.

jonni boy Feb 15th 2005 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Well said...you beat me to it.

just got an email reply and guess what.they don't offer a fee and usually people want to take part as they are setting up a new business and its good publicity for them to get there business on t.v............they must be bloody crazy, and there goes my plan for a free holiday and a bucket of cash :)

bridiej Feb 15th 2005 4:24 pm

Dont they even pay for flights?

I'm sure A Place in the Sun actually pay for the flights and accomodation whilst the "punters" are out there... :confused:

Hutch Feb 15th 2005 4:27 pm

its good publicity for them to get there business on t.v

In what sense could it ever be considered good publicity, I wonder? I mean, how many of Ch4's viewers would watch it and then say - 'You know, I need some new flooring, I think I'll buy it from that guy on the TV despite the fact that they're 14,000 miles away. Who needs B&Q.'

What a load of pony.

:D

bridiej Feb 15th 2005 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
In what sense could it ever be considered good publicity, I wonder? I mean, how many of Ch4's viewers would watch it and then say - 'You know, I need some new flooring, I think I'll buy it from that guy on the TV despite the fact that they're 14,000 miles away. Who needs B&Q.'

What a load of pony.

:D

More likely to be "If we ever do go to Australia we're buying nothing from that bunch of whinging poms!!!" :D

jonni boy Feb 15th 2005 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
Dont they even pay for flights?

I'm sure A Place in the Sun actually pay for the flights and accomodation whilst the "punters" are out there... :confused:

don't think they pay for anything but don't quote me on that.it just says "we don't pay a fee" and then goes on about how it's good publicity for new business and if your reading this,the no going back team can i just say how much i enjoyed your shows and will be watching your next series BUT!.........get your hands in your pockets,it's cost us about £2000 from start to finish for all the forms and fee's such as TRA,visa's,meds and then you want a show for nothing. MY ARSE :p

lacey21 Feb 15th 2005 5:18 pm

Hi again Professional Princess],
better photo of Gordon I have to say, where can I get this DVD about migrating petal. Would be grateful if you could give us an idea
cheers hun
lace :)

pompeywill Feb 15th 2005 9:05 pm

don't think they pay for anything but don't quote me on that.it just says "we don't pay a fee" and then goes on about how it's good publicity for new business and if your reading this,the no going back team can i just say how much i enjoyed your shows and will be watching your next series BUT!.........get your hands in your pockets,it's cost us about £2000 from start to finish for all the forms and fee's such as TRA,visa's,meds and then you want a show for nothing. MY ARSE :p

Its a joke that you dont get paid. Those 'A new life down under' shows are repeated over and over again on Discovery channel. The repeat fees alone must be huge.

I read somewhere that Christopher Biggins lives on the repeat fees from 'Porridge'. So why cant 'ordinary' people get a slice of the cake.

If Everyone refused to go on these shows then there'd hardly be any TV apart from soaps.

Professional Princess Feb 15th 2005 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by lacey21
better photo of Gordon I have to say, where can I get this DVD about migrating petal. Would be grateful if you could give us an idea
cheers hun

Hi there Lacey!

Do you subscribe to Outbound Publishing 'Australian News'?

I ordered it from there, think it was under £20 but cant remember.

I shall look up the site for you, and post the link. I know you can phone them up and order it.

Cant do it now as I should go to bed, been on here hours.

But tomorrow from work, I shall post you the details.

Take care

Sam

Professional Princess Feb 16th 2005 7:48 am

Originally Posted by lacey21
cheers hun

Lacey the website you need is www.outboundpublishing.com

I have copied and pasted some info about the DVD for you too, probably easier to phone them.

My subscription has run out with them but I think its well worth renewing, the paper is great and informative.

Not got a copy of The Emigrate Challenge? Call 01323 726040 to purchase a copy now! RRP £19.99 – Existing Subscribers £16.99 – New Subscribers £14.99

Love Sam